Time Length of a Game

By Hawknight, in Colossal Arena

How long does a game take? Can i play it over my lunch break?

If everyone knows how to play, this one can easily get done in half an hour.

How about a game with 2 or 3 players only? I'm wondering if you could get about 3 games in over the course of an hour? Is it possible?

talismanisland said:

How about a game with 2 or 3 players only? I'm wondering if you could get about 3 games in over the course of an hour? Is it possible?

Is it possible? Yes. Would it be advisable? In my opinion, no.

In order to play at the speed necessary to accomplish 3 games in an hour, you would really have to some of the strategic portion of the game and encourage snap decisions without really analyzing the possibilities. Much like chess, games like these are turn-based for a reason. Each player on their turn should be anticipating a step or two ahead and making his move accordingly. Sometimes, depending on the complexity of the situation, this may take a few moments of careful consideration. And a few moments per player per turn can add up. I know for my friends and I, a single 4-player game of Colossal Arena can last almost an hour.

I realize most of what I just said wasn't really all that profound, but it nonetheless true.

Thanks for that. The time frame isn't really that important, I was just trying to get my head around how quick the game really is. I guess being primarily a player of Talisman I should not be too concerned at playing for an hour! gran_risa.gif

I guess what I need to do is find someone with the game and try it out to see how it goes...