Dark Aggrobah (or, please, Event 1 wasn't the problem, fix Wishing Lamp!)

By Fairbanks, in Gummi Garage

So, Highjack and I went up to Rockford tonight for their quasi-weekly event. He was rocking the light Aggrobah, and I ran the slightly less than ideal Dark Aggrobah (read: we only had 1 extra Wishing Lamp, borrowed one, so the deck had 2). He's got the deck now, but here's a rough decklist:

Dark Riku

Attack:

3x Soul Eater

Oblivion

Ultima

Equipment:

2x Wishing Lamp

Events:

Event 1

Magic:

1x Cura (probably up to 2, just in case)

Dark Cards:

3x Bouncy Wild

2x Black Fungus (out)

6x Pot Spider

3x Bandit

3x Fat Bandit

3x Bit Sniper (set 4)

3x Angel Star

1x Stealth Sneak

3x Pot Centipede

3x Cave of Wonders Guardian

1x Dragon Maleficent

Games:

Round 1 vs Sam, playing lvl 1 Sora Valor Aggro:

Game 1: I don't remember too many details here, other than not remembering anything much. I know I won, and that it took a while to get to my Lamp.

Game 2: He got out Valor and used 2 Pooh lvl 0's on me, and I managed to win. This game, though, I got my lamp out early and was drawing like a fiend.

1-0 (2-0)

Round 2: Guy in cabbie hat running the event (see, I'm horrible with names), playing Dark Riku aggro

Game 1: We both seem to get a good game here, as we cut each other to some solid starts. I think I got a first or second turn wishing lamp. Cura, and his Monstro limiting his friends won me the game.

Game 2: My deck decides to put the 2 wishing lamps in the bottom 10 cards of my deck. I struggle for 5 turns until I croak and die. One more turn, and it may've been a close game.

Game 3: I don't really remember how this worked out. I think that we had no Monstro, and I managed to avoid my wishing lamp most if not all of the game. A great deal of dark cards getting thrown into challenges, combined with drawing soul eaters on their own seemed to prove enough.

2-0 (4-1)

Round 3, against one of the two women playing. See what I said about being horrible with names? We both said that they ought to rent out the card room as a sauna though. She was playing a Sora lvl 1 Olympia WR

Game 1: I'm able to drop 2 pot spiders on her world to knock 2 hp off. That was the sign that I'd won, to me. And I did, in short order.

Game 2: This one was a little harder. I didn't have anything of substance on her world til it was at 7 wc, but then a CoWG and some buddies swung in. Repeated recycling and using Soul Eater and Event 1 every turn spelled doom pretty quick.

3-0 (6-1)

So, Mike was also 3-0, and we decided to go get food at this Mary's Cafe place we saw on the way in. Apparently you get free dessert with a lunch/dinner purchase, and we were going to play our finals game there, and decided that, barring horrible luck, he'd beat the snot out of me, as it just works better as a light deck. So, instead, we ate some victory cake.

if i remember right you draw more the first game and the second game not so much. if you do want to know the names i can tell you again but if not thats fine you guys will be back down sooner or later.

Yeah, when I say my memory for names, I do mean my memory for everything just plain sucks. It's a lot harder in KH, too, when there's so little interaction, the games all just kind of blur together.

I'm having problems understanding how you are using Wishing Lamp with no "agrabah" cards. I'm still of the understanding that "agrabah" means the world card with the name "agrabah", and I can't tell if you guys changed that to my uunderstanding (in the errata deck thread it seemed wttd admitted his initial ruling that it meant the symboled cards, which are to my understanding referenced by bold text and agrabah friends or agrabah dark cards , etc. was wrong).

Sorry if I am confused, can you simpilfy it for me ASAP. It would seem that by understanding of what page you guys are on is off. And it would seem that if you interpret the Wishing Lamps " " text and Pegasus' " " text as such you don't have infinity draw issues. This would see the event card errata uncessary, well maybe, I haven't tested other ways to play it same turn, which there are surely some, but not more than 3-5 times and that with some serious luck and hard work.

So you understand: my interpretation of the bold world name vs. the " " world name comes from the Decisive Pumpkin, which clearly differentiates betwen Halloween Town Dark Cards, and "Halloween Town", the latter obviously being a world, and the former any symboled Dark Card.

In any case, I really like the deck! I have to build some decks for friends, and I had some Dark Riku ideas, I trust you won't mind me copying your deck, then changing it/updating it with my ideas and letting her run it today (I am short on time and need to put together a few).

Thank you for sharing!

- dut

well, I guess it should be in the errata thread as a clarification, but, it was ruled quite some time ago cards with whatever world symbol (for example, agrabah) are that type of card.

Highjack said:

well, I guess it should be in the errata thread as a clarification, but, it was ruled quite some time ago cards with whatever world symbol (for example, agrabah) are that type of card.

This was mostly due to inconsistencies between the cards too. If I remember right, if you look at the new Hades, he's effectively blank with the rulebook wording, and always will be. I want to say that there was one more that was done that way.

Regardless, the solution to every one of those cards is to take the middle ground of them affecting all cards of their type and restricting it to "the first time each turn you play a _____ card."

And yeah, Dut, Decisive Pumpkin was the only one that I think they worded perfectly. And it has the potential to be far better than the others, if they only drew from worlds. Whether or not that was what was supposed to be the case, who knows. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, FFG needs a **** proofreader for this game. There are many of us who would do it for free.