Store Championship Kits are available!

By ARMed_PIrate, in UFS General Discussion

Cool, cool. Good to see store specific support. There is only one thing I am apprehensive about: Pack of Promos exclusive to this offer. Can lead to bad places. Especially if they are the previously released character cards.

I'm just glad to see it is reasonably priced this time around.

I'm concerned on the timing. According to the article, we've got to order by early October... but I thought we could schedule this event any time during the year. That, and I'm still assuming we've got to run a store championship before we put in an app for city championship, but still don't have the details for city championships either.

So, what's the time frame that FFG is looking for in terms of the championship season? Fall = Store, Winter = City, Spring = Regionals, Summer = Nationals/Worlds?

Where do we actually order them? There is no update on the OP site to schedule one, and none of the links took me to a page to order them.

From the Article:

The Championship Season begins October 16th and runs through December 31st. If you are a local game store interested in running a Store Championship event, contact Rick Nauertz at Fantasy Flight Games to purchase a Store Championship kit to use at your Championship event!

Then at the end of the article in Italics it says:

To order your Store Championship kit, contact Rick Nauertz with your store's contact information and your tournament date and time. Please allow allow 7-10 business days for order processing. Limit one Store Championship kit per store.

So I'm thinking Rick is the gentleman who you will be contacting to order this.

And by "you" he means your game store.

I'mma have X speak to Mike about this.

Is there any way we can find out what these "exclusive promos" are? I'm curious (and somewhat surprised no one else has asked...).

guitalex2008 said:

Is there any way we can find out what these "exclusive promos" are? I'm curious (and somewhat surprised no one else has asked...).

Order the kit?

My only concern here, is that this seems like little more than a regular weekly tournament. What makes this so much more special than any other tournament, especially the ones in the past with the exclusive promo? (AKA Brawl events)

And more important to me than what the promos are, is how many copies of each promo are there since we can only order one copy of the kit per store. I mean, I may get 6-10 people, another store could run it and have 4, then another store could hold it and get 20. If its like the pre-release kit with 4 copies of 4 difrent cards then that might give some incentive to travel some for the cards, but.....

I guess i'm a little underwhelmed by this from initial impression.

umigame

I'm pretty sure you can ask for more information if you e-mail the guy handling this shindig.

Antigoth said:

guitalex2008 said:

Order the kit?

I suspect people are just a little gunshy about promotionals after the fight pack thing. $50 for a bunch of stuff that rotated a month or so afterwards wasnt exactly fun. I'd like to know what's in the pack myself, although I'd be happy if they'd just confirm it's all currently tourney legal.

Still, it's only $20, so I'll likely talk to my store about getting one.

dshaffer said:

I suspect people are just a little gunshy about promotionals after the fight pack thing. $50 for a bunch of stuff that rotated a month or so afterwards wasnt exactly fun. I'd like to know what's in the pack myself, although I'd be happy if they'd just confirm it's all currently tourney legal.

Still, it's only $20, so I'll likely talk to my store about getting one.

For the Plaque and the Poster alone, it's worth the $20.

Those posters are pretty darn sweet.

Antigoth said:

Those posters are pretty darn sweet.

Is it the same one as the Regionals one? If it is, yes they are.

guitalex2008 said:

Hmm... I've never heard about the card "Order the kit". Is it a foundation?

No, it's an action card.

Order the Kit
3/5 +2-MID block
Infinite symbol (inowtf right?)

When you add "The Kit" to your hand, you may see what it has.

F Pay X dollars: FFG ships you the kit, and in 2 turns, you may add it to your hand.

MarcoPulleaux said:

F Pay X dollars: FFG ships you the kit, and in 2 turns, you may add it to your hand.

If the name of your country is Canada, you may add it to your hand in 3 turns instead of 2.

Homme Chapeau said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

If the name of your country is Canada, you may add it to your hand in 3 turns instead of 2.

don't forget to flip a coin.

Admiral Ren said:

Homme Chapeau said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

don't forget to flip a coin.

Actually its:

If the name of your country is Canada, flip a coin. If the call ends in your favour add the kit to your hand in 3 turns. If your opponent wins the coin flip, add it in 5.

I'm glad you all like sarcasm.

So... WHAT PROMOS ARE IN THE **** KIT?

Sorry, but FFG isn't exactly in good standing in the retailers' eyes and you'll understand that when you want to ask the store owner to purchase something from them, they WILL ask if the support is something we CAN USE.

I want to know what's in the kit, because a plaque and a banner are nice but you can't make decks out of it, and it won't bring the store much business. Just saying.

guitalex2008 said:

I'm glad you all like sarcasm.

So... WHAT PROMOS ARE IN THE **** KIT?

Sorry, but FFG isn't exactly in good standing in the retailers' eyes and you'll understand that when you want to ask the store owner to purchase something from them, they WILL ask if the support is something we CAN USE.

I want to know what's in the kit, because a plaque and a banner are nice but you can't make decks out of it, and it won't bring the store much business. Just saying.

Funny - Our store owner asked to have a regional because he wanted to have the UFS Regionals Banner up in display in his store.

For the grand cost of $20, I'm fairly sure that after league tomorrow night, we'll know when we're holding the store chapionship, and will order the kit from Rick the next day. When the kit gets here, I'll let everyone know what's in it.

Sorry - we're not as fickle. Also - here's a crazy idea - CONTACT RICK AND ASK HIM. Cause that's what my store owner will be doing Wednesday.

Here's another crazy idea. Save yourself the smart ass comments and simply let us know what cards are in it when you get it, k?

guitalex2008 said:

Here's another crazy idea. Save yourself the smart ass comments and simply let us know what cards are in it when you get it, k?

Sure. Please note, I suspect that due to shipping to Canada and what not, it'll take until the middle of October before we receive the kit.

I suspect that some one else will get it before we do.

PS - Why is it my responsibility to contact FFG and get everyone information. If you want it so badly, why are you incapable of sending an Email?

I did speak to a gentleman at FFG about the kits and he did confirm that it is a new promo. He did not name the card or elaborate however. This should alleviate any fears of a Fight Night issue.

saikyo_crusher said:

I did speak to a gentleman at FFG about the kits and he did confirm that it is a new promo. He did not name the card or elaborate however. This should alleviate any fears of a Fight Night issue.

Because of this, Antigoth. They won't say what it is.

I suppose knowing it's a new, legal promo is good enough.

And I didn't say it was your responsibility. I knew they wouldn't say what cards are in it (for all we know, it could the bunch of Shadowar cards with Heir to the Storm in them), so I asked the general populace what was in the kit. Then you decided to be a smart ass and told me to order it. I can't since I'm not a store owner, but she is iffy about this after the Fight Night fiasco so she wants to know if it's worth spending the extra money. Sure, it's only $20, but the last time was only $50 for all unusable product, so it may as well have been a -$50 in her bank account with zero return on investment.