First Wave 1 Build (Imp)

By sirsilver, in Star Wars: Armada Fleet Builds

I went a bit crazy and decided on trying something new, I wanna hear what you have to say

Gladiator 2

-Grand Moff Tarkin

-Insidious

-Weapons Liaison

-Assault Concussion Missiles

Gladiator 1

-Demolisher

-Expanded Launchers

-Nav Team

-Admiral Chiraneau

Darth Vader

"Mauler" Mithel

Major Rhymer

Soontir Fel

3x Tie Fighters.

Honestly, I think you're going to get pasted. You have to get in close with the Gladiators and you'll have a tough time doing that against a smart Rebel. Your fighters are... unfocused. You have a single bomber, so Rhymer doesn't give much of a boost. Mauler and Soontir are great, but you're not backing them up with anything. Darth is fine on his own, but he'll go down quick that way.

You do need a fighter screen, else B-Wings or even Y-Wing and X-Wings will shred your Gladiators. But you have a very expensive and not particularly good screen. You'd be better off just taking a LOT of plain TIEs for a screen.

I'd dump Chiraneau for points, give your Gladiators Engineering Team , and lose Darth and Rhymer for Howlrunner and either more TIEs or Interceptors as points allow.

if it helps, Gladiators aren't terribly well-rounded. The Glad - 2s might have things to do while they're getting in close (antisquadron I suppose), but the Glad - 1s are all about going wheeeeeeee~ into an enemy's face and just unloading buckets full of black dice missiles.

to that end, outfitting them for flexibility (tarkin, chiraneau for squadron support etc.) won't be nearly as effective as doing the same for a victory

Edited by ficklegreendice