Advance Social Conflict Rules

By Peacekeeper_b, in Dark Heresy House Rules

From the WFRP Companion pages 61-67.

I kind of like these rules, and may be trying to adapt them for DH use. Essentially it allows a skilled character who fails a roll to fall back on a secondary skill test to improve that failure to a standard success, or to increase a standard (or other) success by +1 degree.

The balancing fact in WFRP is that these rules require Fortune Points (aka Fate Points) to be spent in order to use them. I dont really like that aspect of the rules as it makes no real sense to me other then as a meta-rule game balance device. Im going to be reading over these rules and what not while on my plane flight today to see if anything else clicks in my mind.

Peacekeeper_b said:

From the WFRP Companion pages 61-67.

I kind of like these rules, and may be trying to adapt them for DH use. Essentially it allows a skilled character who fails a roll to fall back on a secondary skill test to improve that failure to a standard success, or to increase a standard (or other) success by +1 degree.

The balancing fact in WFRP is that these rules require Fortune Points (aka Fate Points) to be spent in order to use them. I dont really like that aspect of the rules as it makes no real sense to me other then as a meta-rule game balance device. Im going to be reading over these rules and what not while on my plane flight today to see if anything else clicks in my mind.

Certainly, from the limited amount of testing I have done with them, the Fortune Point requiment can prevent them ever being used unless you give out a lot more than under the RaW.