New Preview Article is Up.

By Donovan Morningfire, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/5/15/unlock-the-secrets-of-the-force/

The map for the Jedi temple in the adventure looks pretty cool, and they make mention of a downloadable adventure called "Lure of the Lost" as well.

Specific mention is made of the Sense, Move, and Heal powers, as well as two of the pre-gens coming equipped with lightsabers (might be training 'sabers, might be the real mccoys). There will also be two additional pre-gens available online.

Edited by Donovan Morningfire

This is a cool looking set. My group plays out of the Edge of the Empire books and one of our members is Force Sensitive. This set my be worth picking up!

How would you pronounce Spintir ?

SPIN-ter,

Spin-TEER,

SPINE-ter,

SPIN-tire...?

This is a cool looking set. My group plays out of the Edge of the Empire books and one of our members is Force Sensitive. This set my be worth picking up!

I'm starting up a new group just to play this game, so it will definitely be well worth it :)

I'd go with SPIN-ter.

Everything about it looks great! I simply can't wait to get it. The fact that they mention another preview, suggests it's still some time though.

As for lightsabers, I would guess they're not training ones, but probably with some basic crystals.

How would you pronounce Spintir ?

SPIN-ter,

Spin-TEER,

SPINE-ter,

SPIN-tire...?

The tir makes me think TEER. At least that is the way I've always pronounced palanatir. Which of course I could have always been mentally pronouncing wrong when I read it.

It could actually be SPINTir instead of SPINtir, if the writer was thinking of Old English pronunciation? :)

Interestingly they seem suggesting that they'll have ideas on how more advanced players might make use of the set. Smart move, there FFG.

Edited by Desslok

I was thinking pronouncing it "Splinter" and make that relevant during the adventure.

You'd think the Empire would be keeping places like this under surveillance so how does this relate to their Dark Jedi Nemesis and their captive Mentor?

Well nice to know it'll be out soon isn't it?!

Anyone care to guess who the two downloadable NPCs might be?

Human, Twi'lek?

Interestingly they seem suggesting that they'll have ideas on how more advanced players might make use of the set. Smart move, there FFG.

In my case, I'll most likely be incorporating the adventure into a separate campaign that I'm working on, with a few tweaks since not all the PCs in this new campaign are going to be Force users.

I've run and played both of the other Beginner Box adventures for "advanced players" (i.e. folks that already knew the system) and they had fun with it. The AoR BegBox adventure makes for a great launching point for an AoR campaign, and I've been in a rather fun campaign that kicked off using the EotE BegBox adventure to bring our rather disparate group of PCs together in the first place.

Spin-TEER,

According to Zoƫ Robinson's twitter feed, this is the correct pronunciation.

The last line of the preview is:

Pre-order the Force and Destiny Beginner Game today!

I would give someone a shiny new penny if they could tell me how to order a copy of the Force and Destiny Beginner game today. FF Online Store still has "on the boat" and no pre-order options and my local gaming store(s) are not taking pre-orders as (and I quote) " Fantasy Flight is well know for high quality games, but being slow as hell on distribution. "

(sigh)

The Beginner Game is available for pre-order on Miniature Market, if you're looking for a way to drop money on it now.

EDIT: You can actually place a pre-order on MM for Chronicles of the Gatekeeper, something that according to the Upcoming page isn't even in existence as a finished, physical product yet.

Edited by Rortharr

Another new preview is up: a look at the characters this time

I'm glad to see the Force Powers will be incorporated into the same advancement tree: my biggest worry for this Beginner Game was how they'd include the Force trees without making the folios another page or two longer. And from the Move tree we get a good view of, it looks like these characters will have a level of power about in line with what we see movie characters do (the Move power seems to have a strength upgrade to increase size of move objects, Range to Medium, and the 'delicate operations at range' upgrade).

I'm not sure what to think about the trees. The box is supposed to introduce the Core rules, which will work quite differently. I'd prefer a page longer folio to the possible confusion, but then again I don't have that much experience with Beginner boxes in their primary function, mostly mined them for info/materials.

I can see Wulfherr's point.

While the simplified talent trees (combining elements of each spec under the parent career) used in the EotE and AoR Beginner Boxes were fine, I do have to wonder if there is going to be an element of confusion for new FaD players that want to bring these pre-gens over to the full game, and now discover they've got not one but at least two different trees they have to purchase various character improvements from. Especially so if they've been playing these Beginner Box characters for a while and have purchased multiple talents that also include what the core book considers Force power upgrades.

Hopefully the beginner box or the follow-up material will come with some guidance on migrating the characters over.

Published Articles , have very good looking . I hope to have my copy of the beginner box soon. I suppose that, all the rules about migrating characters appears on the core book

But meanwhile ... Does anyone know where is " Jiran VII " ?

It very well may be a brand new planet. Which is encouraging. With the new ship in X-Wing, and the new species in the recently announced Chronicles of the Gatekeeper , we may be stepping into a brand new world of Star Wars. These are exciting times to be a fan.

Am I the only one who scrolled down to the Zabrak force-user picture and was jolted for a split second as I thought he was giving me a hand signal from a galaxy-not-so-far-away?

Am I the only one who scrolled down to the Zabrak force-user picture and was jolted for a split second as I thought he was giving me a hand signal from a galaxy-not-so-far-away?

LOL. Every time I look at that pic I want to re-watch 'Big Trouble in Little China'. :-P