DARK FORCES - Custom Campaign

By Tocath, in Imperial Assault Campaign

Hey folks,

I’ve seen folks on here talking about custom campaigns, and had to share a project that is setting my brain on fire J

Custom Campaign - Dark Forces

The campaign will follow the plot of Dark Forces, the 1995 first person shooter. Our heroes are Rebel agents working to stop the Empire’s Dark Trooper Project – the development of a new class of stormtroopers that could spell the end of the Rebellion.

New missions

Discarding the initial mission since it takes place pre ANH, there were thirteen missions in Dark Forces, each of which already has a clearly defined setting, plot and objectives. With some branching and re-imagining, these 13 missions will become a 6 mission campaign.

New heroes

Play as one of two new heroes in this campaign, each with their own side mission and reward card.

• Kyle Katarn – Fearless Agent
  • Jan Ors – Operative Handler

New enemies

• Gran demolitionists
  • Kell Dragons
  • Dark Troopers

New Imperial Class – Experimental Research

New weapons and equipment

• Bryar Pistol
  • Stouker Concussion Rifle
  • Packered Mortar Gun
  • Jeron Fusion Cutter

I’ve got Jan Ors already completely designed, and will be posting her for review and playtesting.

I will wait to design maps until Twin Shadows is available and I can make use of greater tile variety.

Thoughts?

YYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS!!

Will be interesting how you handle dark troopers. I recommend you make the Phase 3 as a Villian unit as only a few even existed.

Great thought, patrickmahan! Definitely should be a unique unit. I think in the game, you only ever saw 1, right?

Yes, I think you only see 1. According to the wookieepedia there were 3 total in existence.

One of my favorite video games. I am very much a fan of the idea of using extended universe storylines for custom campaigns. Are you gearing toward 2 heros?

Yes Please! One of my all time favorite games, and it would make a perfect campaign for IA.

Duciris, probably still going to balance this toward 4 heroes. Maybe I'll ask the community to test it with two and see how it goes.

Did you ever get this cool idea completed? My group would love it!!