Random encounters

By Nuttunen, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

Hi

Here I was thinking and came up with... Well this.. Post Random Encounters every GM out there can ****** for their games...

Maybe a bit extreme but random enough

A load of us over at Dark Reign cooked up some random encounter tables for Hive Worlds, Ships and Warp Travel.

Lookee here on the right-hand side

If your Acolytes are in a Hive City:

A hive quake, flood, or deamon summoning on a lower level causes the local wildlife to panic and flee, and the only way to go is up. Vermin start swarming up through the hive, and soon your Acolytes are knee deep in rats. But not the healthy sewer rats we know today. They're 40K style mutant, armor plated, plague baring rats.

Riot!

Suddenly Molotov cocktails are flying, nail guns firing and shock mauls banging on riot shieds. Acolytes find theirselfs between an angry mob and local law enforcement .

Drop it like its hot

Shifty fellah apparently in a great hurry drops a package when bumping into the acolytes. Without looking back he is gone. Package contains contraband and now the guys chaging ye'shifty fellah want it back / Adeptus Arbites ./ ITS A BOMB!

Black out

lights out, machines stop working.

Trinkets

Highly annoying peddler tries to force his merchandise upon the acolytes. He just won't take no for an answer ! There is a 50% change this guy accidentally deals a good charm.

Orphan

Acolytes come a cross a baby in a basket. This young servant of the Emperor turns out to be a mutant / mutated rat creature.

ugh sorry double post. Move along nothing to see here.

I really like the Dark Reign random encounters. They've given me plenty of ideas for special little events in my campaign.

But due to the unwritten rule that there will only ever be two random encounters per journey, I tend to use more "scripted" encounters than random encounters nowadays.

Double post! Gah!

Cliche-Double_post.jpg

Headhanger said:

Double post! Gah!

Cliche-Double_post.jpg

Seems a good reason to double post to me. partido_risa.gif

Nuttunen said:

Maybe a bit extreme but random enough

What on earth???

Now I've got to find the one with the naked guy in the middle of the road.

Oh will you look at that. I found it.

It sure is pretty random around here.