Rules: Help a dude out.

By That blind guy, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

Ok so I haven't had anyone to read the rulebook to me yet and I'm awaiting a group of people to play with. PDF files are also not the friend of a screenreader, at least the ones that I find for the GoT LCG rule book. So I have some questions if you would be so kind.

1. Power. Just all of it. I understand power challenges well enough; if you win as the attacker you move x power from their house card to yours, x being claim+any card modifiers. But what does it mean for characters to claim power? Or locations for that matter? I understand "claiming" power from the power pool for winning a challenge unopposed.

2. The draw cap. Max hand size is 7 correct? And do you draw up to 7 at the beginning of every round? In that case does that mean that you can only draw 3 cards throughout the rest of the round?

3. Do opponents have the chance to take actions in between each of the initial players actions? Such as; Player 1: Buys something. Player 2: Does something. Player 1: Kneels a Northern Feifdoms. Player 2: Does something. I don't know if that makes sense but I tried lol.

That's all I can think of for now.

1. Whenever something "claims" power, you take that number of power out of the power pool and put it on the card claiming the power. You count the power on a player's House card AND on his or her characters to see if they have the 15 power they need to win the game.

2. There is no maximum hand size during the game and players do not draw back up to 7 at the beginning of each round. When going through the set-up process, you start with 7 cards in hand and draw back up to 7 after placing your initial cards, but those set-up rules don't apply to anything once the game starts in earnest when players reveal their first plots. After set-up, the only cards a player draws come from the draw phase (where players draw 2 cards each round) and from card effects. The Draw Cap limits the number of cards that can be drawn from card effects to 3 each round. That does not include the 2 you get for the draw phase.

3. Yes. The opportunity to take or play actions always alternates between players. Being the active player in the Marshaling or Challenge phases does not change the timing of anything. It only gives one player more options on the types of actions they can take.

Ooooooooh okay. Thank you very much!

So when a card is discarded that has power on it does that card's power then go back to the power pool?

Yes. Power on cards that leave play (for any reason) is returned to the power pool. That's the double-edged sword of keeping a lot of power on cards other than your House card - you can accumulate it faster and it is safe from your opponents' power challenges, but it is only as safe as the card it is on. If you lose the card, you take a big step backwards in your quest to gain 15 total power.

Ok that's helpful to know thank you! Also do you know of any compiled list of keywords floating on the internets?