Deluxe expansions?

By ruferto, in General Discussion

Will there be monographic deluxe expansions (one for each house)?

or will there be multihouse expansions (like Star Wars LCG)?

What do you think?

My gut tells me we'll have 4 deluxe sets with 2 factions per box. That's the pattern in Netrunner, Star Wars, and I think I heard somewhere that after Tyranids and Necrons get their solo Deluxe sets, Conquest will be doubling up. Plus from a new player perspective, 8 deluxes is a much higher bar to entry than 4.

It'll probably depend on the goals of the deluxe expansions. If they decide to introduce new playable Houses (although 8 seems like a lot, Conquest will have 9 before terribly long), they'll probably do them as deluxe expansions dedicated primarily to that new House. If they release one to support game variations (e.g., 6-player multi, 2-on-2 team play, cube draft, etc.), there will probably be something for each faction that supports the theme. Otherwise, I'd guess 2-affiliation expansions because it allows a more thematic product. For example, you could do "Battle of the Whispering Woods" (Lanni/Stark), "Shield Islands Raid" (GJ/Tyrell), "Wildling Siege" (NW/Bara) or "The Long Plan" (Targ/Martell).

Two affiliations per box would likely be a really good idea in general considering the new "Banner of X" agendas that come with the game. Each deluxe box could open up a number of new decks that may use one of the two respective factions banner agenda. It may even provide a solid base for using those factions as their respective banner agendas. For example, a Baratheon and Stark deluxe box could have a solid base Bara banner Stark or Stark banner Bara.

It may even provide a solid base for using those factions as their respective banner agendas. For example, a Baratheon and Stark deluxe box could have a solid base Bara banner Stark or Stark banner Bara.

Remember that Deluxe Boxes will be Evergreen and Chapter Packs will Rotate out.

Like every modern LCG i imagine we'll see 6, 60 card chapter packs (14 unique cards per House plus 8 unique neutral? Maybe?) then a deluxe box with two a focus on two houses with a splash of the other 7. Lets say a 165 card set (55 unique cards). Lets say 3 neutral, 17 each for 2 houses and 3 new cards for the each of the other 6 houses.

Then repeat, 6 Chapter packs, Deluxe box, repeat. The down side is we go two and a half years before all eight houses are given an evergreen buff.

It may even provide a solid base for using those factions as their respective banner agendas. For example, a Baratheon and Stark deluxe box could have a solid base Bara banner Stark or Stark banner Bara.

What do you mean by solid base?

Probably picked poor terms. Basically I was thinking the deluxe box(Faction X and Faction Y in the same deluxe box) could be two entire deck types by themselves using X Banner of Y and Y Banner of X using most of the deluxe box.

What do you mean by solid base?

Probably picked poor terms. Basically I was thinking the deluxe box(Faction X and Faction Y in the same deluxe box) could be two entire deck types by themselves using X Banner of Y and Y Banner of X using most of the deluxe box.

That's actually entirely likely. Can't speak to other games, but the three Netrunner deluxe sets released so far have had one at least nominally playable deck for each faction. They're usually not *good* decks but new players who pick up the one product aren't completely SOL.