The Enemy Within 1st to 3rd Conversion Project

By Noelyuk, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Some time ago I suggested there was some mileage in people sharing conversion notes they’d done of any 1st or 2nd Edition adventures to 3rd edition.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/121569-the-great-wfrp3-conversion-project/

The idea was well received by some while others thought that since conversion can largely be done ‘on the fly’ by an experienced GM there was little need for such a thing. Never one to be easily dissuaded i’d like to revisit the subject. I’ve just started converting 1st edition Enemy Within for 3rd edition rules, and will share the results when they’re done. If anyone has notes regarding conversion of any of the chapters be it Mistaken Identity, Shadows Over Bogenhafen, Death on the Reik, or Power Behind the Throne then i’d be very interested in seeing them.

I know that Stats are converted fairly easily and especially with the help of some excellent tools such as those created by Jay Hafner in this thread among others:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/index.php?/topic/27451-career-conversion-kit-once-and-for-all-wfrp2-to-wfrp3/page-2?hl=+wfrp%20+conversion

But in addition to and perhaps more importantly than any stateliness I’m thinking along the lines of some interesting ways people have of littering a straight conversion with some WFRP3 specific tools such as trackers, new location cards, social rules and so on.

And by the way I’m aware that there’s a 3rd edition of Enemy Within already but i’m talking about converting the original classic TEW since i’m already a player in a campaign that’s running the New Enemy Within campaign.

Man, converting a campaign like that must be a pain AND time consuming!

Time consuming? Yeah I'm guessing so, though not as much as you would think and much less if I have help. But a pain?? No way! It's kinda fun to do and just think of the tons of fun I can have with my players when it's done :)

Stop trying to kill us like it's 1989, Noel ;)