Getting rid

By signoftheserpent, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

I'm not a huge fan of Octgn, but even so playing on there still means there's no point having the cards and so I've been trying to sell them to absolutely no avail at all.

It's sad to read stories like these. I'm fortunate that there's a local store about 15-20 minutes away that has regular LCG players, although they usually only congregate at Wednesday night. And they play everything from Netrunner to Star Wars to Conquest as well. This is why I play both Star Wars and Conquest and will probably get into AGOT 2.0 later on. It's a shame that good games go to waste due to lack of player support at the local areas.

Just out of curiosity are you referring to Game Empire in Pasadena, California? If not, they coincidentally also have their LCG nights on Wednesdays.

Yes, I was talking about Game Empire of Pasadena, and I do go over there occasionally on Wednesday night aka the LCG night. However, I might be able to do that much longer, so I really hope they can have a LCG weekend as well for those of us who have a family and a full-time job.

At this point I just want shot of the cards. This endeavour for me has been a massive waste of time and effort.

If you can hang on until month end I'll have the funds. Payday is around the 25th.

Of course if you get an offer before then I won't blame you if you take it.

Edited by CommissarFeesh

I don't think you'll have any competition D:

I would buy one off you as well but only need 1 more Core to complete my 3 Core collection.

CommissarFeesh, what did you mean by " I can always try to re-home the extra set." ???

I'd rather sell all at once, than risk being left with stuff I can't sell

I would buy one off you as well but only need 1 more Core to complete my 3 Core collection.

CommissarFeesh, what did you mean by " I can always try to re-home the extra set." ???

Edited by CommissarFeesh

I thought I had mentioned this, but it appears I did not (so no doubt someone from my local community will appear again to tell me i'm a scam artist).

When I first brought into the game I gave the spare cards from the Tau and Eldar to one of the lads that worked in the shop because he was interested in going halves with someone else and playing only those factions. Since you get 2 copies of 2 separate cards for each faction (the rest you only get one of), 3 core sets gives you 6 of those cards in total. As you will only ever use 3 of any card, I gave the rest to help him out.

I thought I had made this clear earlier, and I thought I had.

This is my collection. I had the first 4 expansions as well, but I was able to sell those separately. I've tried selling the core cards I have but the local community decided to offer a ridiculous sum of money (£30 for even a technically incomplete 3 core set collection is, IMHO, taking the P) and then took to facebook to accuse me of being a scam artist and a liar.

SO if you are not sure this is what you want, then fair enough.

Hm, I'm not 100% sure. I'll think on it and get back to you. It's still not an awful deal but it makes selling on the additional trickier (I have slight OCD and wouldn't want to not have the complete sets myself). If I can find someone willing to buy what's left at a knockdown I'll go ahead still (at the same price) but otherwise I think I'll leave it sorry :/ I'll ask around locally and get back to you.

You'd have complete sets, you just wouldn't have the extra spares.

If that's important to you then by all means leave it.

I'd have full playsets, but not complete sets (as in, not the complete contents of the core box). Shouldn't matter but OCD is not a rational condition :(

Edited by CommissarFeesh

did you have someone to sell the extra cards to?

I don't, sorry :(

So what were you going to do with the extra set anyway, assuming it was a complete set?

Probably use them to build multiple simultaneous decks without needing to swap cards like I do with Netrunner. Even without a reason though I'd still want complete sets. As I said before, OCD doesn't demand that you act rationally :/

These cards of mine are still available if people are interested. The scene round here is laughable

These still available?