Getting rid

By signoftheserpent, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

I'm in the UK and local interest is non existent. I've done all I can and have stopped buying packs. it breaks, my heart but iveplayed 3 times since release. Consequently I need to sell my collection to recoup what I can. My collection is on boardgamdegeek: http://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/product/728889

I hate to do this but I can't keep a bunch of cards I'm not going to use. Gutted really/I've been after a decent 40k game for years.

Edited by signoftheserpent

I think the problem here is the price. 90 £ are 122 EUR, and you have to add shipping. For 140 EUR (including shipping) we can buy everything you're selling but in new conditions. Even if you played only a few times, it doesn't matter, the game is used and since it's extremely easy to find around (so, no added value for collectors or anything), being "used" devaluates the item. I'd suggest you to lower the bar to 70 £ plus shipping (BGG marketplace says you put this for sale one month ago).

Just my two cents, anyway. Good luck with that! And sorry that you couldn't find opponents in your area

Edited by Julia

If it sells in the UK that's not a bad price. £90 would just about cover the 3x core set in most LGSs. Having the war packs included at that price is a decent buy-in for a new player.

Not having people to play a game with always kills it for me too, has happened lots of times.

If it sells in the UK that's not a bad price. £90 would just about cover the 3x core set in most LGSs. Having the war packs included at that price is a decent buy-in for a new player.

I'd rather be playing the game, but my local community, despite having a great central venue, is a joke. There are poodle that express interest, including seeing up a Facebook group, but they do nothing and never play. I've even shown the game toa few people who seemed really enthusiastic only to meet near from again.

Our community also is incredibly small and actually sometimes players show up with 1-2 Core sets only to get sweeped away in their first games.

The biggest downside for me is that each faction isn't available in a seperate version.

I think the game would have been amazing if it was 1/3rd of the cost and offerd things like:

- AM+SM starter deck (which you would need 3 times) for 1/3rd the Core set price.

- Orks+Chaos starter deck (which you would need 3 times) for 1/3rd the Core set price.

- Dark Eldar+Eldar starter deck (which you would need 3 times) for 1/3rd the Core set price.

- Tau+Neutrals starter deck (which you would need 2-3 times) for 1/3rd the Core set price.

This way an actuall two-faction buy in would only cost you the same as a single Core Set.

Additionally friends could pick a single copy up for a fun starter game.

Many current 40K players would also pick it up as it's also always cool to have a deck who matches your army choice...

Edited by Killax

And anyone (except tau players) who wants the neutral cards has to shell out for extra.

the problem is the local community. They are a joke; a horrible little clique.

one of them set up a fb group for this game locally. I joined as did 17 or so other people. None of them have ever made any effort to communicate. I was the only one who spoke about once a week looking to see if anyone wanted to play. In the end the moderator told me people had complained, privately, about my posting (which was not rude or anything like that, I might add). I was then removed from the group. Pathetic really. I don't understand people like that at all. Where I come from, if you have an issue with what someone has said or done you take it up with them, like an adult. Just to sit silently in fb in a group you've joined presumably because you're interested in the game makes no sense to me, but every attempt to muster any interest in actually playing was met with a stiffnecked attitude.

I was told a couple of times that noone had demo'd the game. Yet there I am offering to play it! Not only this but I had actually shown the game to a couple of people in the shop (local venue) several times and have been more than happy to whenever people were around as I usually have cards with me when I pop in. Some people even seemed enthusiastic, but i heard nothing back. I showed one guy who was interested and went on to join that group and we agreed to meet up. I played the game with him and no sooner had we finished, after about 30 minutes, he said he had to leave immediately to catch atrain. I'd come all the way into town just for 30 mins? I had 4 decks with me so he could see the full breadth of the game. Was it something I said?

Anyway that's my sad story. I guess you can't expect good players everywhere.

it breaks, my heart but iveplayed 3 times since release

And I thought that I play irregularly:) That's truly sad, and I faced the same issue with SW LCG. Although I'm a dedicated SW fanboy, we haven't played a single SW game after Conquest's release, and I finally realised that the game became just picture-collecting to me. So selling without regrets now.

likewise. I'm done, unfortunately, I've sold my expansions but still have the core cards. No luck selling those.

The local clique had treated me disgracefully, though I'm sure they'd say otherwise. Is dad when gaming ends up with peeler like this but I'm not prepared to deal with people like this.

I'd sell what's left for £50 not including postage

Edited by signoftheserpent

If your still interested in playing the game you should try to find people on Skype to play it with. If you create a thread in here or head over to CardGameDB.com and do so over there you may have some luck.

I'd play some Skype games with you but at the moment I don't have my setup and it would be a while before I'd get that up and running again.

I appreciate the offer, but I don't know how that would work.

And it's not really the same as 'proper' play.

I'm burned out at this point. I feel the local community has treated me appallingly and it's coloured my perception. I spent 7 fruitless months trying to find players and in the end got shafted for it.

Yea I can imagine your frustration and it is bogus that they treated you that way; I am sorry to hear that.

However, playing via Skype isn't too bad. You just aim the camera down on the mat/play area and one person shuffles the planets and picks them. Then the other person copies the planets onto their play area and go from there. If you ever decide to go that route, PM me and we can game.

If not, then best of luck to you sir and I hope someone buys your sets and helps you out.

Take care!

thanks for the offer I will think about it but I don't really have a very good webcam.

decides I have sold everything but the core sets that I have which I'm still looking to get rid of so I don't know how that would work.

I can't afford to do it now, but if you're still stuck trying to shift these in a few months time (when I should have the disposable cash) I'll take the core sets off you. I don't really need a fourth, but £50 plus post is a good price for three, and I can always try to re-home the extra set.

I'll check back in on the thread or PM you when I have the funds available.

thanks for the offer I will think about it but I don't really have a very good webcam.

decides I have sold everything but the core sets that I have which I'm still looking to get rid of so I don't know how that would work.

Right right I hear ya. Well like I said, if you ever want to try a game out, shoot me a message.

I can't afford to do it now, but if you're still stuck trying to shift these in a few months time (when I should have the disposable cash) I'll take the core sets off you. I don't really need a fourth, but £50 plus post is a good price for three, and I can always try to re-home the extra set.

Thanks, it's a much fairer price than the £30 I was offered locally! (Good to see a friendly local community).

Right right I hear ya. Well like I said, if you ever want to try a game out, shoot me a message.

Will do.

are you interested?

Yes, but I'm still poor. As I mentioned, it will be a few months before I'm able to afford it (September at the earliest if you've been unable to sell by then).

are you interested?

Yes, but I'm still poor. As I mentioned, it will be a few months before I'm able to afford it (September at the earliest if you've been unable to sell by then).

Fair enough. I doubt anyone else will be interested. THe local community is a joke and I don't think the game has done very well beyond.

It's sad to read stories like these. I'm fortunate that there's a local store about 15-20 minutes away that has regular LCG players, although they usually only congregate at Wednesday night. And they play everything from Netrunner to Star Wars to Conquest as well. This is why I play both Star Wars and Conquest and will probably get into AGOT 2.0 later on. It's a shame that good games go to waste due to lack of player support at the local areas.

Indeed.

The player support here is ridiculous. If people weren't interested in the game that would be fair enough, frustrating but fair enough.

But that's not the case; there are players but they are not interested beyond their own little circles. So unless you are part of that group you don't have a chance of finding players and trying to get into that group is exceptionally difficult. I tried that with X Wing and again no response. I managed to get one game at first and went on to the group's little forums to say thanks and got nothing in response.

It's a lost cause as far as i can see.

It's sad to read stories like these. I'm fortunate that there's a local store about 15-20 minutes away that has regular LCG players, although they usually only congregate at Wednesday night. And they play everything from Netrunner to Star Wars to Conquest as well. This is why I play both Star Wars and Conquest and will probably get into AGOT 2.0 later on. It's a shame that good games go to waste due to lack of player support at the local areas.

Just out of curiosity are you referring to Game Empire in Pasadena, California? If not, they coincidentally also have their LCG nights on Wednesdays.

Indeed.

The player support here is ridiculous. If people weren't interested in the game that would be fair enough, frustrating but fair enough.

But that's not the case; there are players but they are not interested beyond their own little circles. So unless you are part of that group you don't have a chance of finding players and trying to get into that group is exceptionally difficult. I tried that with X Wing and again no response. I managed to get one game at first and went on to the group's little forums to say thanks and got nothing in response.

It's a lost cause as far as i can see.

Signoftheserpant, I'm real sorry to hear about your story. Although i agree playing over skype is not a good alternative, have you ever tried OCTGN? I recently am getting into that and am quite surprised by how well it works.