Who has painted their miniatures?

By CanadianPittbull, in Fury Of Dracula

So who has gotten around to painting the great sculpts for this gem yet? If you have post some pics here. I think this is a great game and one that can come down to some very close nailbiting experiences. I am hoping to get my minis painted sometime soon but there is a LONG list of miniatures to be painted before I get to these ones.

I did. It didn't take too long either. I went with more..."earthy" tones to fit the feel and color scheme of the game. I'm pleased with them too. I can't figure out how to put a pic in this forum as my pics are not on the net.

In any event, I'd recommend it.

I also made the dracula screen found on boarddgamegeek.com. Pretty cool stuff.

Allxmen said:

I can't figure out how to put a pic in this forum as my pics are not on the net.

Upload the picture to any image storage site on the web (e.g. www.imageshack.us), then copy the link to the image and use the "Insert/Edit image" button in the posting text box (the one with the landscape image)

Mine are painted. Just to a "tabletop standard" but they look nice when you are playing the game, much nicer than plain gray plastic.

Hi all!
This is my first post in the forum: I registered my account today. My name's Daniele, from Rome, Italy.

FoD is one of my favourite games and I decided to paint its miniatures 'cause they were:
1) FEW

2) beautiful.

Here they are:

Fury of Dracula miniarures

Hey Fuliggine,

great painting, i like it! A bit colourful for such a dark setting, but really well done! Painted miniatures bring a lot of atmosphere into a boardgame i think.

I plan to paint mine as well, but maybe i will buy an alternative Dracula from any company, it´s the only sculpt i don´t really like.

Did you think about putting some sand or sculpted copplestone on their bases, as a lot of gamers do with teir tabletop miniatures? Would improve the look again a lot i think.

All the best, Alex (Germany)

A piece of advice...do *not* add sand, etc to the base. The plastic type that comes with boardgames usually have a little give to them which may cause your peiees to flake off. I'd recommend, as many have done, to simply paint cobblestone on to the base. Alternatively, you can simply paint them in a 'plain' manner. I decided to give my bases an earthy/marble look. I think they match well with the gameboard...

fury002.jpg

fury1.jpg

@ Alex Salanthas:

Thanks! As a colour-scheme, I tried to follow the drawings on the character sheets. Indeed, my miniatures look shiny, because I added some protective paint.
Games Workshop, in the past years, produced some Vampire miniature which could be ok for FoD. You could take a look.

I agree with Jack Hooligan about bases: I painted them in a plain cobblestone-gray: it's not in harmony with the map, but it gives a "catacomb" effect.

I really dig the detail on the glowing lanter Jack.

Exceptional work on the miniatures, People. You've really captured the tone of the game (pardon the pun) with the colour schemes.

I have painted a lot in the past, and I've wanted to paint my minis for FoD, Talisman, and A Touch of Evil (non FFG, of course gui%C3%B1o.gif ). Having three kids and never enough quiet time to sit down and concentrate causes problems.

Has anybody had trouble with the paint flaking due to the more flexible plastic used to make these?

Fuliggine said:

Hi all!
This is my first post in the forum: I registered my account today. My name's Daniele, from Rome, Italy.

FoD is one of my favourite games and I decided to paint its miniatures 'cause they were:
1) FEW

2) beautiful.

fantastic work, dude :)

@flervk:

Thanks a lot!

Mine too are painted. Although I would never post the pics after seeing the other pics posted. Nice paint jobs. They truly put mine to shame.