The Harbinger is coming - New expansion announced!

By talismanisland, in Talisman

YAYAYAYAYAYAY yayayayayayayay

the next preview is up now!!!!!

* * * Just spent 10 minutes looking it over. I'm sure it will delight. For all those die-hards out there, this one looks quite challenging!

Edited by 0beron

This looks awesome!

Wow, mind you I didn't like the Dark Binding spell its too much like Misdirection but hey can't have it all :) .

I've reread the information so far available to us and I think the Omen decks (4) are most likely small decks with just those cards. The pulling of new Omens seems based on various encounters with the other cards, that seem to be The Harbinger's deck. The sales info doesn't mention other decks, Adventure.

Future expansions, if they happen, may use a similar idea in the "countdown to doom" race. Timing the game.

Since I agree with Quartzquiz on the deployment of the previews, it seems in the past that once we get that second one, the following will come much faster; even in a week on occasion. So I imagine the next preview will talk more about the new characters or how the Harbinger NPC actually works; when are his cards pulled, etc.

I've reread the information so far available to us and I think the Omen decks (4) are most likely small decks with just those cards. The pulling of new Omens seems based on various encounters with the other cards, that seem to be The Harbinger's deck. The sales info doesn't mention other decks, Adventure.

Yeah but how does the first one get generated?

Future expansions, if they happen, may use a similar idea in the "countdown to doom" race. Timing the game.

Since I agree with Quartzquiz on the deployment of the previews, it seems in the past that once we get that second one, the following will come much faster; even in a week on occasion. So I imagine the next preview will talk more about the new characters or how the Harbinger NPC actually works; when are his cards pulled , etc.

This was mentioned in the first preview:

When the Harbinger is in your region – even if you’re in the Dungeon , the Deep Realms or the Woodland – you must draw from the peril-filled Harbinger deck instead of that region’s normal Adventure deck whenever you are instructed to draw cards.

The pre-order I managed to find was due August 15th, although that's through a middleman supplier, so that may be overly optimistic...

The Harbinger has left The Boat!

AAaaaaQQQQQAAAAhhhhh ! (Hmmmm?)

So awesome!

The new hobby store (for me) told me they have a full line of Talisman products and expect Harbinger in August. I am excited!

Really like the Celestial, though the fourth ability is ambiguous. If I gain (or replenish) 2 lives, does that mean I can gain (or replenish) 2 fate? Or is it always just 1 fate regardless of how many lives I gain or replenish?

Personally, I think it is pretty clear:

"Whenever you gain 1 or more lives, you may gain 1 fate. Whenever you heal 1 or more lives, you may replenish 1 fate."

To me, that says 1 fate regardless of number of lives. It would need to be worded as "... you may gain 1 fate per life" in order to gain more than one.

Really like the Celestial, though the fourth ability is ambiguous. If I gain (or replenish) 2 lives, does that mean I can gain (or replenish) 2 fate? Or is it always just 1 fate regardless of how many lives I gain or replenish?

"Whenever you gain 1 or more lives, you may gain 1 fate. Whenever you heal 1 or more lives, you may replenish 1 fate."

To me, that says 1 fate regardless of number of lives. It would need to be worded as "... you may gain 1 fate per life" in order to gain more than one.

I still think "Whenever" makes it ambiguous, although "or more" does support your interpretation somewhat. But under your interpretation, if I gain 1 life via 2 separate cards in the same turn, I gain 1 fate or 2 fate? In other words, is it per turn or per encounter?

if I gain 1 life via 2 separate cards in the same turn, I gain 1 fate or 2 fate?

Two fate. This works per encounter.

I still think "Whenever" makes it ambiguous, although "or more" does support your interpretation somewhat. But under your interpretation, if I gain 1 life via 2 separate cards in the same turn, I gain 1 fate or 2 fate? In other words, is it per turn or per encounter?

I would equate "whenever" to "per encounter" as well.

YEEEAH!!

Quick questions: Is the Celestial guaranteed to have at least one fate because of her ability? I can't imagine her having no fate, hence no craft.

Edited by Quartzquiz

So, I am reading over the Ascendant Divine. Keep in mind I have only played Relic, and my best friend got me Talisman 4th Edition for my birthday last week, so I don't know how spells or the game differs from Relic that much. However, the four divine gifts, if I am understanding this correctly, she has these, and will always have them. When she does use it once per round, it isn't expended correct? The only way to get rid of them, or cycle divine gifts, is to use her last ability. Or are these just one shots that she slowly replenishes as she uses them?

Divine gifts are essentially extra spells but only one can be cast per round. They are discarded when cast, and you get new ones when you gain Strength or Craft.

You have to have fewer than five divine gifts to get a new one, so you either need to cast one or switch it out for a regular spell.

Edited by Artaterxes

Any answer to my question about the Celestial?

Any answer to my question about the Celestial?

I don't see anything on the character card that guarantes her fate.

Besides, only her Craft value is affected. Even with zero fate, she could still have blue cones.

She has several abilities that replenish fate as well.

This is so awesome!!! [i only wish they would hurry up the translating and getting the exp. over here so we could play them sooner :) ...]

Divine gifts are essentially extra spells but only one can be cast per round. They are discarded when cast, and you get new ones when you gain Strength or Craft.

You have to have fewer than four divine gifts to get a new one, so you either need to cast one or switch it out for a regular spell.

Not quite. The text says "four or fewer divine gifts".

Thanks; edited the original post. Forgot that you start with four but you can get up to five.