Rules Reference Guide

By Brasca, in Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition

Hey all,

Anyone happen to know if there is a rules reference guide, fan made or otherwise, floating about the internet that I'm not finding? I would ideally want one made exactly like FFGs current reference guides (example: Eldritch Horror, Imperial Assualt or Armada) with all rules in alphabetical order and indexed to perfection.

/crosses fingers :)

I'm not aware of one. On Boardgamegeek there are some game helper sheets that people have come up with, but they aren't in the same format as the modern guides.

If I ever get time, though, perhaps I could put one together :)

I'm not even sure what guides you guys are talking about.

I'm not aware of one. On Boardgamegeek there are some game helper sheets that people have come up with, but they aren't in the same format as the modern guides.

If I ever get time, though, perhaps I could put one together :)

That'd be amazing!!! Though definitely a TON of work.

This is the one for Armada.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/2c/4d/2c4de555-925d-4fde-8af6-02873437149b/swm01_rules_reference_guide_lowres.pdf

A lot of the newer games, such as Eldritch Horror, Battlelore, Imperial Assault, and Armada, have the rulebooks divided into a "Learn to Play" guide which just goes over the very basics, and a "Rules Reference" guide which is more thorough. The RRG tends to be sorted alphabetically by topic, and while it's not perfect, it's MUCH easier to find a particular rule that way. There are a few cases where a rule in the Learn to Play guide isn't covered in the RRG, but I think with the newer games that's a bit less common. The Learn to Play is typically a way to show the flow of the game and how turns work, etc, but then during the game if a rules question comes up, the RRG covers all that.

Overall, I like that approach. It does mean multiple rulebooks, but generally after the first play or two, you rarely need to reference the Learn to Play guide anymore.