Dire Mutation and misc

By everwinter23, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Rules Questions

So, quick question. I'm just learning the game, trying to take it all in, so I may have overlooked something. But I have a question regarding "Dire Mutation". It's a "curse" that attaches to an army unit. Is the warlord considered to be an army unit, or no? And are cards like it permanent (until the unit dies), or do they only last for a specific amount of time?

Also, to clarify, combat on a planet doesn't stop until the enemy either retreats, or is wiped out?

And I think this is my last question: Does a warlord stay in the "bloodied" state until it dies?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered somewhere. I'm kind of spent from rereading and searching so much. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the game!

1) There are three kinds of 'units', Warlord, Army, and Token. Thus, for a card like Dire Mutation, you can only attach it to Army units, not Warlord or Token units.

(just realized I only answered part of Question 1) Attachments remain on a unit until removed by some card effect or the unit leaves play. When a unit with an attachment leaves play (either returning to the owner's hand or going to the discard pile) all attachments are discarded.

2) Page 26 RRG: "

If a player controls at least one unit in a battle at the
beginning of his combat turn, and there are no enemy units
at the planet, the battle ends and the player controlling the
only unit(s) at the planet is the winner of the battle."
It's not quite as simple as wiping out the enemy, as there are plenty of cards in the game that allow units to be put into play at a planet where battle is taking place. Only at the specified time will a battle be over. You have to let the preceeding action windows close before you can check the end-of-battle conditions.
3) Yes. Once bloodied, the warlord will stay bloodied until the end of the game, even if there is enough healing beyond their bloodied health.
Edited by Xraysteve