TI3 Planet Discs

By Steve-O, in Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition

So, I promised to supply pics of my home-made planet discs in another thread. I promptly forgot all about taking said pics, because I'm a jerk that way. But then I remembered, because I'm awesome that way, and so now, here are the pics!

pic2503108_md.jpg
pic2503110_md.jpg pic2503106_lg.jpg

Those are awesome. Is it at all tedious sorting them either before or after a game?

I take it no luck finding the original files?

Those are awesome. Is it at all tedious sorting them either before or after a game?

No more tedious than sorting the planet deck before or after the game. But it spares you needing to sift through said deck mid-game, which is huge.

There's an extra step for set up in placing the disks on the map, but if you divide an alphabetically sorted stack of disks into two or three parts and have several people place them out, it doesn't add very much time at all.

Also, I keep the disks for each race's homeworld(s) in the ziplocks with their CCs and other race-specific tokens, since I don't need to worry about the disks getting bent in a ziplock with a bunch of tiny cardboard bits. :)

I take it no luck finding the original files?

Nope, sorry. Those appear to have been lost along the way.

As I said in the other thread, they were pretty low-res anyway. Maybe some day I'll make a new set with better resolution (and including the Shards planets - I don't own Shards right now, but maybe someday.) Taking these pictures made me realize that Mecatol Rex appears to have yellowed significantly over teh years since I last played. Probably somehow a result of the black sharpie I used to black out the edges of the wooden disk, since all the other planets (which I didn't bother blacking since they covered the whole disk) look fine.

Edited by Steve-O