Release Date?

By JordD04, in Forbidden Stars

It is shipping!

Release this week? :P

Multiple retail sites are showing showing a release date between June 16th-18th :lol:

How totally exciting!

****... need to find money!

Just got word from my retailer my copy is on the way to the house.

This is irksome as I preordered from Amazon (mostly because I had credit), but they are saying June 26th, with 30th delivery. What was the point of pre-ordering when it is available now everywhere else?

Edited by Scottgun

This is irksome as I preordered from Amazon (mostly because I had credit), but they are saying June 26th, with 30th delivery. What was the point of pre-ordering when it is available now everywhere else?

The point is to make sure you get your own copy of the game.

Try getting your hands on a copy of Dead of Winter : Crossroad. It's out of stock a few hours, if not minutes, following restock.

Preordering a game is necessary when there is a lot of hype around it and that available quantity is or may be limited.

I might be wrong but I feel the hype around Forbidden Stars is mainly focused on FFG forum users and a few fierce fans of Warhammer 40,000k. Nothing to empty the shelves minutes after restock :D

Edited by Guillaumericher
I might be wrong but I feel the hype around Forbidden Stars is mainly focused on FFG forum users and a few fierce fans of Warhammer 40,000k. Nothing to empty the shelves minutes after restock :D

Bookepository had it this morning and now it's gone...

How many copies did that have?

How many copies did that have?

Not sure, sorry. They usually made available via Amazon 10 copies, so I imagine they have something more than that in stock

Try getting your hands on a copy of Dead of Winter : Crossroad. It's out of stock a few hours, if not minutes, following restock.

Preordering a game is necessary when there is a lot of hype around it and that available quantity is or may be limited.

I understand. I'm just venting a bit. :)

I understand. I'm just venting a bit. :)

Amazon really aren't suitable for board game pre-orders unfortunately; They were very late on Star Wars Armada pre-orders as well. I can appreciate your pain.