2015 Regionals Results

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

Did Omaha use cryodex?

I believe they did.

Then what's happening? Two big regionals, one with Dorcy in attendance and no data up? This is madness!

He wasn't TOing.

West Virginia regionals also used Cryodex. I'm talking to the guy now. I'll try to get him to upload the results.

Does anyone know of a regionals that ran with the FFG software? I'm interested to hear how well it went.

Did Omaha use cryodex?

I believe they did.

Really? I thought everyone had to use FFG's software, no questions asked.

The latest email specified that it's not required to use it but they ask that we use it for regionals

So, what was top 8 in Martinsburg, and who won?

Paul Heaver: (4R Panic Attack)

Biggs

2x Blue+E2+Tactician

Gold+R3-A2+ICT+BTL-A4

I'm dying to see this list flown. At first blush, it seems inferior to straight Panic Attack. People are going to focus fire a B-Wing, so Biggs is basically adding an extra green die, and perhaps forcing a range 3 attack at the start when it might otherwise be a range 2.

I'm certain Paul finds a way to work Biggs into just the right spot to put it over the top compared to straight panic attack, but it feels like the advantage would be slight enough that only a top player would consistently see the benefit of Biggs over a 3rd B-Wing.

First of all, with this list, you don't need to buy a second Rebel Aces. :)

I really like what Biggs adds to protect the Y-Wing. If your opponent focuses anything, it's always the Y. In a Panic build you want to kill that thing before he hoses your best ship. Biggs' job is to make sure the Y makes it to battle, and gets behind their best ship. It also really helps the swarm matchup, as you might be able to force them to split fire and not kill anything while you can focus fire.

Thanks Paul. That makes perfect sense. For some reason I am still unnaturally biased toward thinking about B-Wings and mostly disregarding Y-Wings.

From my experience running Panic Attack, people will go absolutely all-out to kill that Y-Wing before anything else, even without the title. The Y-Wing adds more control than anything else in the list, due to being able to stress things at range 1-3, and having an Ion turret to restrict movements. It will be the first ship to die about 80% of the time.

IG-88A + IG-2000 + Mangler Cannon + Lone Wolf + Fire-Control System + Hot Shot Blaster + Autothrusters

IG-88B + IG-2000 + Heavy Laser Cannon + Adrenaline Rush + Fire-Control System + Hot Shot Blaster + Autothrusters

Winning Spanish store champ list. Interestingly, never seen A and B flown before. beat Fat Chew and Dash, beat Whisper Soontir RGP among others.

I could see the argument for A. I've flown C & D quite a bit and C's ability may be used a few times in a game, for me the token has rarely been used. With D I use that ability maybe 1-2 times a game.

Plus if I remember right last year Spain regionals was won by 4 APs and 4 Obsidians so Swarms might be more popular there.

And with Lone Wolf on A you almost guarantee A to be your last ship and having him with Lone Wolf, and in theory, weakened ships left from your opponent that could be quite useful.

I won the Omaha regionals this weekend.

Eaden Vrill: HLC, anti-pursuit lasers, recon sepc

Chewbacca: C3PO, title, Luke Skywalker, Predator.

Not sure if anyone got a list of the other top player builds but 6 rebel and 2 scum were in top 8

If I could remember all that was on Aaron Bonar's list it would be better but here is what I remember

Guri

Autothrusters

Sensor Jammer

Lone Wolf

Palob

Moldy Crow

Engine Upgrade

Blaster Turret

Syndicate Thug

BTL-A4

Ion Cannon Turret

The final game was some of the best X-Wing playing I've seen. Awesome flying on both sides, and some wild dice rolls. End came with Guri having 1 hull and Chewbacca having 1 hull before the final shot finally stuck. So many dodges for so many rounds with both ships at 1 Hull

My mind is blown. Can't wait for the details on Aaron Bonar's list!

Soooo, was there any update on this list???

IG-88A + IG-2000 + Mangler Cannon + Lone Wolf + Fire-Control System + Hot Shot Blaster + Autothrusters

IG-88B + IG-2000 + Heavy Laser Cannon + Adrenaline Rush + Fire-Control System + Hot Shot Blaster + Autothrusters

Winning Spanish store champ list. Interestingly, never seen A and B flown before. beat Fat Chew and Dash, beat Whisper Soontir RGP among others.

I have been flying B and D almost exclusively, but I am starting to come around to thinking that A's ability is more useful than people give it credit for. Consider: it scales such that the more ships your opponent flies, the more shots he has at you, the more shields you (may) lose, the more shields you (have a chance to) recover.

One of dual Aggressor's worst match-ups is swarm-y 4+ Rebel ship lists with hordes of hit points. Recovering even a shield or two over the course of that match is a big swing. The ability is less useful against 2 ship builds like Dash/Corran, but those are almost an even match anyway when you sit down to the table. A's ability gives you some extra "oomph" in some of your worst match-ups.

As much as I love the unpredictability D's ability affords me, I may be giving A another look very soon.

I have been flying B and D almost exclusively, but I am starting to come around to thinking that A's ability is more useful than people give it credit for. Consider: it scales such that the more ships your opponent flies, the more shots he has at you, the more shields you (may) lose, the more shields you (have a chance to) recover.

One of dual Aggressor's worst match-ups is swarm-y 4+ Rebel ship lists with hordes of hit points. Recovering even a shield or two over the course of that match is a big swing. The ability is less useful against 2 ship builds like Dash/Corran, but those are almost an even match anyway when you sit down to the table. A's ability gives you some extra "oomph" in some of your worst match-ups.

As much as I love the unpredictability D's ability affords me, I may be giving A another look very soon.

So you're telling me someone managed to lose to IGs, with soontir + whipser + rg when they dont have advanced sensors, or IG d and are super predictable? I'd love to see that video. Keep IG A on the back burner until when/if swarm becomes dominant again. Against the rebel builds you're talking about C will likely give you about 3-4x as many free evades as A will give you shields. D will also give you more effective health by arc dodging.

You might be on to something. I think people love positional abilities because they aren't dice dependent, and when they work it makes you feel really smart. Sometimes, against some lists, you just need some extra muscle, though, and A provides that. Unlike the Evades generated by C, it's not action dependent, so you can keep your offense up and get a shield back if you kill something. By keeping your offense up, you degrade their firepower faster, which saves you damage in the long run as well. It's not sexy, but it's a useful tool against bad matchups.

I can see how they would easily pin down Soontir or whisper. But both? Seems unlikely. But both of those ships can be quickly lost to pilot error.

To continue the ig talk. It's amazing how many times I boost in a game with IG-88. Played five games Sunday and probably boosted ten times each game.

I'm surprised more people don't love C, especially in the list with Push the Limits. The action economy it affords you is crazy. The fact that you can slow roll your start with 1 forwards/banks then correct arc with boost and get a focus and evade is really strong. Then after enemy ships get close you can boost with advanced sensors get your evade and then hit your k or s turn.

IGs crash a lot so I think FCS is probably optimal on them. I've tried ADV but the damage dropoff is significant.

Don't forget in the Spanish list he has two hotshot blasters for unexpected health regen :D 6 dice in a large ship turret arc

I'm 85% sure someone posted a photo of the document in the Regionals Kit, but I can't seem to track it down...

What MoV is awarded for a Store Championship BYE?

I'm 85% sure someone posted a photo of the document in the Regionals Kit, but I can't seem to track it down...

What MoV is awarded for a Store Championship BYE?

a full 200pts

IGs crash a lot so I think FCS is probably optimal on them. I've tried ADV but the damage dropoff is significant.

Don't forget in the Spanish list he has two hotshot blasters for unexpected health regen :D 6 dice in a large ship turret arc

I don't crash my IG-88s a lot. But even when I do. I use advance sensors first.

The top 64 lists out of the Madrid regionals have been posted here: http://www.rojocinco.es/2015/05/regional-2015-listas-y-estadisticas.html

Thanks stmack, I was coming to post the same thing.

The winning dual IGs build at the Spanish Regionals was B/C with VI + Advanced Sensors + HLC + Intertial Dampeners + Autothrusters + Title.

More than 100 players. I'm always surprised by how huge board games are in Spain.

I emailed Ricardo at rojocinco.es, to see if we can get Spain on board with uploading data into List Juggler. They have some absolutely huge tournaments there.

Does anyone know of a regionals that ran with the FFG software? I'm interested to hear how well it went.

At the end of the Twitch stream of the West Virginia Regional, someone could be heard saying that they started out using the FFG software, but quickly switched to Cryodex. My impression from what I could hear over the stream was that the FFG software did not function well for them.

On the Madrid regional and its size, all the tickets were sold in less than 5 minutes... with around 80 players left out on the waiting list :o . ~70 at the end, after they managed to fit somehow 5 more tables. It's not really surprising tho, as Madrid is relatively close and well-connected to the rest of the country.

Barcelona regional will be hosted this saturday, with 80 players.

On the Madrid regional and its size, all the tickets were sold in less than 5 minutes... with around 80 players left out on the waiting list :o . ~70 at the end, after they managed to fit somehow 5 more tables. It's not really surprising tho, as Madrid is relatively close and well-connected to the rest of the country.

Barcelona regional will be hosted this saturday, with 80 players.

Trying to pick my jaw up off the floor but can't. Incredible.

Do you know what tournament this is? Madrid winner was 88BC.

Do you know what tournament this is? Madrid winner was 88BC.

If it happened in 88 BC, you'll need an archaeologist to help you figure out which tournament it was.

(Thanks! I'll be here all week, and don't forget to tip the wait staff!)

Edited by Vorpal Sword