2015 Regionals Results

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

I have a prediction that Soontir + Chiraneau is gonna win at least 33% (32/96) of the regionals this year, given its potency and the stats about the VT being the most common ship in Store Champs attendance. And we already have 1 regional down with a RAC + Soontir win...

Fine, I'll fly just that (and crash and burn most likely!)

The last week's UK Regional is posted in the Xwing List Juggler. Double Decimator went undefeated the entire day and took home the prize! Lots of different lists, but mostly 2-ship and Fat Han made the Top 8.

The last week's UK Regional is posted in the Xwing List Juggler. Double Decimator went undefeated the entire day and took home the prize! Lots of different lists, but mostly 2-ship and Fat Han made the Top 8.

Crazy results there, Oicunn never died in 9 games. Were you in attendance?

Every list a turret except for the IG 88x2. Wow. EDIT: (in Top 8)

Edited by AlexW

Every list a turret except for the IG 88x2. Wow.

I want to like this for observation without "liking" it.

Crazy results there, Oicunn never died in 9 games. Were you in attendance?

No, I just researched what was posted on the list juggler. But I would've loved to see some of those matches. How can a low PS, no EU decimator beat Soontir, IG, and Whisper (twice)?! It goes against every "meta" thread in this forum!!!

No, I just researched what was posted on the list juggler. But I would've loved to see some of those matches. How can a low PS, no EU decimator beat Soontir, IG, and Whisper (twice)?! It goes against every "meta" thread in this forum!!!

That build eats RAC+Fel for breakfast. 43 point Patrol Boat Vaders Fel to death (easy with 3 hull or even 3 hull + 1 shield), and then it is 2v1 on RAC. RAC is good, but not that good. With 0AGI on both sides it is just straight dice rolling (and ideally RAC bumping the other 2 to only have 1v1 shots each round), and that's going to strongly favor the 32HP squad.

That build eats RAC+Fel for breakfast. 43 point Patrol Boat Vaders Fel to death (easy with 3 hull or even 3 hull + 1 shield), and then it is 2v1 on RAC. RAC is good, but not that good. With 0AGI on both sides it is just straight dice rolling (and ideally RAC bumping the other 2 to only have 1v1 shots each round), and that's going to strongly favor the 32HP squad.

I get that, but what about double IG with manglers or fat han or bluebacca? Vader is not as effective against those builds. He tabled a Fat Han in Round 6 (both were undefeated going into R6).

I get that, but what about double IG with manglers or fat han or bluebacca? Vader is not as effective against those builds. He tabled a Fat Han in Round 6 (both were undefeated going into R6).

Those are great mysteries of the universe!

Those are great mysteries of the universe!

The X-Wing forums: come for the obsessive number-crunching, stay for the snark!

(I kid! I kid because I care ;D )

It is refreshing to see people winning while trying new things albeit it's still a 2 ship list. I don't think falcons like being bumped into by large bases. It really messes up their movement options.

The 75 minute rounds seem to be helping most games finish, but there are still quite a few that are going to time. Games going to time in the UK Regionals (I think I got these right, manually compiled):

• Round 1: 6 of 33
  • Round 2: 7 of 39
  • Round 3: 9 of 39
  • Round 4: 4 of 39
  • Round 5: 7 of 39
  • Round 6: 9 of 39
  • Top 8: 1 of 4
  • Top 4: 0 of 2
  • Final: 0 (by definition)

The 75 minute rounds seem to be helping most games finish, but there are still quite a few that are going to time. Games going to time in the UK Regionals (I think I got these right, manually compiled):

• Round 1: 6 of 33
  • Round 2: 7 of 39
  • Round 3: 9 of 39
  • Round 4: 4 of 39
  • Round 5: 7 of 39
  • Round 6: 9 of 39
  • Top 8: 1 of 4
  • Top 4: 0 of 2
  • Final: 0 (by definition)

That is a fantastic sign.

There were still a couple of odd games in there. Like 0-0, and 12-0.

Well okay those are a bit weird. Did the two players just....stare at each other for 70 minutes?

Can we get a play-by-play from someone? We can skip the slow-mo, we're on the clock.

And they're off!

There are at least 6 Regionals this weekend.

• May 2: Cardiff, UK/Eire
  • May 2: Stirling, UK/Eire
  • May 2: Martinsburg, WV
  • May 2: Bellevue, NE
  • May 3: Milton Keynes, UK/Eire
  • May 3: Odense, Denmark

Martinsburg, WV has 77 players. 13 players used their Store Championship byes, including the 2-time defending world champion Paul Heaver.

Well okay those are a bit weird. Did the two players just....stare at each other for 70 minutes?

Can we get a play-by-play from someone? We can skip the slow-mo, we're on the clock.

Edited by Rauhughes

So, what was top 8 in Martinsburg, and who won?

Does anybody have any pictures of the templates/tokens/dice from this years regionals? I am quite curious to see them!

Here' a video of them:

Paul Heaver: (4R Panic Attack)

Biggs

2x Blue+E2+Tactician

Gold+R3-A2+ICT+BTL-A4

Phillip Caskey: (TIE Swarm)

Howlrunner+SwarmTactics+Hull

Dark Curse

5x Academy Pilot

Isaac Whitehair: (3I)

Fel+PtL+RGTitle+Autothrusters+Stealth

Whisper+VI+IntelAgent+FCS+ACD

Omicron+IntelAgent+IntelAgent

Tyler Barnett: (Dash+3A)

Dash+Predator+Chewie+HLC+Outrider

3x Proto+Chaardan

Ronald Brannan: (4BZ)

4x Blues

Bandit

Aaron Guyer: (2BEZ)

Corran+VI+R2-D2+FCS+FTorp

2x Blue

Bandit

Joe Lint: (B2X3Z)

Blue

2x Rookie

3x Bandit

Chris Salt: (Brobots)

IG-88B+PtL+AdvS+Mangler+Auto+IG-2000+Seismic

IG-88C+PtL+AdvS+Mangler+Auto+IG-2000+Seismic

The Dash+3A won.

Edited by mrver7ig0

Paul Heaver: (4R Panic Attack)

Biggs

2x Blue+E2+TacticianGold+R3-A2+ICT+BTL-A4

Phillip Caskey: (TIE Swarm)

Howlrunner+SwarmTactics+Hull

Dark Curse

5x Academy Pilot

Isaac Whitehair: (3I)

Fel+PtL+RGTitle+Autothrusters+Stealth

Whisper+VI+IntelAgent+FCS+ACD

Omicron+IntelAgent+IntelAgent

Tyler Barnett: (Dash+3A)

Dash+Predator+Chewie+HLC+Outrider

3x Proto+Chaardan

Ronald Brannan: (4BZ)

4x Blues

Bandit

Aaron Guyer: (2BEZ)

Corran+VI+R2-D2+FCS+FTorp

2x Blue

Bandit

Joe Lint: (B2X3Z)

Blue

2x Rookie

3x Bandit

Chris Salt: (Brobots)

IG-88B+PtL+AdvS+Mangler+Auto+IG-2000+Seismic

IG-88C+PtL+AdvS+Mangler+Auto+IG-2000+Seismic

The Dash+3A won.

X-Wings and TIE swarm is back. This post Phantom nerf meta is amazing.

TIE adv. Fix is incomming.

All we need are fixes to the TIE Bomber (Wave 7 might be the fix here) and the Defender (it needs a free Ion cannon that it can fire togehter with its primaries).

Here is one of the Semi-finals and the Final game of the Regional in Malmö, Sweden on the 26th of April.

We just had the first Qualifier for the German Nationals. There are 7 Regionals in the German-speaking Region, as well as 7 Qualifiers (tournaments organised as part of conventions, the community, or similar). Each winner gets a place in the German finals (34 seats in total; remaining 20 are the top 10 of the 2 qualification days before the German finals).

Coming back on topic: There were 49 players, 6 rounds of X-Wing with 1 player having 6 wins in the end. His list was Whisper with VI, ACD, FCS, Intelligence Agent, and 5 Academy Pilots (more or less the same list that several people took to victory in the Store Championship season)

1. Whisper with VI, ACD, FCS, Intelligence Agent, and 5 Academy Pilots
  2. not sure, think similar to the winner's list?
  3. Han with Predator, C-3PO, Gunner, Engine Upgrade, MF, and 3 Bandits
  4. Keyan with Stay on Target, Advanced Sensors, HLC, Navigator, E2; Wedge with VI; Biggs
  5. 2xBlue with E2, Tactician; Blue with Ion Cannon; Gold with R3-A2, BTL, ICT (me)
  6. Soontir with PtL, Autothrusters, Shield Upgrade, RGT; Chiraneau with Predator, Isard, Rebel Captive, Vader, Engine Upgrade
  7. Dash + Corran
  8. Dual IG-88. Both had Predator, AS, Autothrusters. One had Mangler, the other HLC. Forgot the details, this was the list mine lost against
Edited by Modery