New Player

By la1cajun, in DungeonQuest Revised Edition

HI guys, thinking about getting this game. I like the fact you can 1-4 player it, so when I have a game itch and no one is around I can still die on my own..lol. I am familiar with the game being brutal, just wanted to know if its worth the cash and if you guys really enjoy the game play even though it does have a low success rate. Also is the game different each time when you play it? Thanks!

EDIT: I did find game for 43$ with free shipping on amazon as well

The Cajun

Well, I guess you won't hear any negative comments as nearly everyone who follows this forum is kind of a fan of that game ...

But if it helps, I acquired the GW 1st edition in 1988 and since then I'm dying in that castle. One of the few games where dying is actually fun! I then bought the German edition, the FFG 3rd Edition and now the FFG revised Edition. So you may call me a fanboy. :lol:

With all those tiles and literally hundreds of cards, the replay value is extremely high. The castle will look different everytime you play. The FFG editions also contain the catacombs, which was a separate expansion in all other editions. FFG put 6 heroes in the box, I strongly hope for more in a future expansion.

So, final words: Get it . It's a classic. It should belong to every game collection.

Thanks Pzvie! Already ordered. Will be in within a few days. Got revised edition. Thanks for the comments. I can only wish they would bring back other classics like warhammer quest. Can you imagine the cash this company would make. Man it would be like warhammer nuts!

New player here as well. Been looking at it for some time, but finally decided to pick it up. Any advice for a first time run through? I've no experience with the game other than hearing the various legends of quick death and lots of replay. The game should arrive tonight and will likely give it a try sometime this week. Thanks.

I've had my first few play throughs and the dungeon has been different every time. I havnt made it out yet. Last game I dared to open a door and got a spring trap spear to the head..lol..at least thats the way im telling it! Ive died a different time every time Ive played. I can already see that the game needs more cards. Some stacks have just enough, like the dungeon deck, but others, like the trap deck and others need more, they would never last playing with 4 people. youd be reshuffling them and getting the same cards over and over. I really like the game, i can only hope that some sort of expansion will come out to increase variety in game.

On 4/23/2015 at 4:15 PM, la1cajun said:

HI guys, thinking about getting this game. I like the fact you can 1-4 player it, so when I have a game itch and no one is around I can still die on my own..lol. I am familiar with the game being brutal, just wanted to know if its worth the cash and if you guys really enjoy the game play even though it does have a low success rate. Also is the game different each time when you play it? Thanks! Torrent https://downloader.vip/vpn/ https://tutuappx.com/

EDIT: I did find game for 43$ with free shipping on amazon as well

The Cajun

Thanks Pzvie! Already ordered. Will be in within a few days. Got revised edition. Thanks for the comments. I can only wish they would bring back other classics like warhammer quest. Can you imagine the cash this company would make. Man it would be like warhammer nuts!

Edited by annaxh