* Dominator 12

Enhanced Armament 10

Victory I Selonian Fire 73

* Grand Moff Tarkin 38

Enhanced Armament 10

* Howlrunner 16

7x Tie Fighters 56

Advanced Gunnery, Hyperspace Assault, Minefields

Not worried about my bid yet as I want to play under conditions of both first player and second player while I practice. If the Vics' dials and tokens are all squadron, all the fighters can move and shoot in the ship phase.

Seems to be working...

J

Edited by Perakkir

Drop Howlrunner and add one tie fighter and get the Liaisons. Tarkin gives you tokens and with them you can constantly force the dial changes if you need. Howlrunner won't help unless you have more than 6 TIE squadrons.

I do not use liaisons. They take up a slot, cost points and cost a command token and the only reason I would need them is if I got a dial wrong. The first dial is repair and the first tarkin token is navigate, both banked on all ships. After that it is squadron dials and squadron tokens.

Howlrunner works with any number of ties, so not sure what that is about. By not taking her, I am giving up 7 dice of anti-squadron shooting, so until wave 1 (and possibly after) she stays.

Why the navigation token? How much do you need to change you speed?

With that many ties (which I enjoy seeing) I would expect some expanded hangars. Nothing wrong with that though. Also glad to see tarkin NOT on the dominator. Make your opponent choose which destroyer is more important.

I pretty much always have banked a repair and a squadron token. I find the ability to change speed more useful than a single reroll on a single attack.

I only take expanded hangers with 9 or 10 ties. With 8 ties, the two ships can command all of them (4 each) without using those 5-10 points.

If you get hyperspace assault then you can only bring three fighters with you... I take it that's what the extra squadron token is for?

If I get hyperspace assault, I don't really need squadron tokens. Its just that devastating.

A squadron dial on a Vic allows me to move 3. If the Moff gives me a squad token, that is four. Four per ship activation, eight fighters. If I am ever moving squadrons in the squadron phase, the game is already over.

So your basic tactic is to keep the TIEs in close enough to activate via squadron commands and tokens. Hmm. I will have to try this. I already was thinking that always maxing out the squadron points was the way to go.

Well, the max right now is 12 or 11+Howl - and with the core, Howl is a no brainer. So, 11. But you can't command 11, the max is 10. So, I take ten and hangar bays or 8 and no hangar bays.

Usually, they are at med range from the ships, which is plenty flexible. Rarely I will go out of that to pin if I see an opening, and even then the Vics typically catch up.