question on recruiting soldiers

By Krynn007, in XCOM: The Board Game

Had a couple games the other night.

The squad leader was using his asset card to put two troops on it and does the effect

But he was taking off the recruitment pool on the board.

Not his reserves.

I pointed out i think they come from your reserves

This made it a lot harder.

I guess my question is, is that correct?

Between trying to buy new interceptors, another things we had no soldiers left.

Money us very limited.

You have to pay for everything on the board plus to buy new units.

Seems kind of rough that's all

Edited by Krynn007

Yes, they come from your reserves, NOT the recruitment pool. Models in the recruitment pool are only available to be purchased with excess funds in the Resolution Phase, but until you do so you can't use them for anything.

This is a game of risk and resource management, and it certainly is difficult - making the decision of whether to save soldiers for the Skyranger/Officer Training, or send them on mission or to base defense is one of the many hard choices you have to make each turn.

It's very easy to overcommit resources to various tasks, which will leave you resource starved once the losses start mounting - if you have a budget of 12-14 credits (standard for most invasion plans before anywhere starts panicking) then that's an average of 3-3.5 credits per player, or, if you want to divide by task, about 1 credit per task, depending on how you count mission and base defense.

For example, if your Chief Scientist is spending more than 3 credits, then it's either coming out of Emergency Funding, or out of another player's budget...