So...Disney buys Marvel...true story.

By Monkey D. Wolfwood, in UFS Off Topic

If you haven't already heard this your pretty busy like I am with school or other matters. But yeah thoughts on how this will effect your favourite comic book heros and villians or is this a blessing in disguse?

Marvel characters in Kingdom Hearts.

Best

decision

Evar

Actually to be fair they bought Marvel Entertainment. so they control the movie rights NOT the comics

Link said:

Actually to be fair they bought Marvel Entertainment. so they control the movie rights NOT the comics

They control the Iron Man, Hulk and... that's it as far as movie rights goes. The rest are all Fox Searchlight and Sony Pictures. They might have Ghost Rider, but I'm not sure.

Actually, they bought the entire frriggin' thing. Marvel Entertainment was the name of the company. Marvel Comics was but a label inside the company, much like the MAX imprint and Marvel Knights imprint are a part of Marvel Comics, etc. etc.

So, yeah, Marvel characters in Kingdom Hearts. However, I doubt Square-Enix would ever get off their asses to do that. Unless we want to see a Tetsuya Nomura designed Peter Parker (hint, we don't).

Supposedly Disney's going to keep their hands off of Marvel.. Whether or not this stays true is yet to be seen.

I kinda would like to see maybe a Pixar/Marvel movie. I have no idea what I'd want it to be, but I think it could be cool.

I'm pretty sure they bought the whole thing.. at how much they paid for them, it had better be, haha.

I think the main thing I'm hoping is that Disney doesn't force Marvel to cut out all of it's more mature stuff like Marvel Zombies and such. That would be a bummer if we could only see kid-friendly heroes...

I'm on the fence about it myself. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Tifer said:

I think the main thing I'm hoping is that Disney doesn't force Marvel to cut out all of it's more mature stuff like Marvel Zombies and such. That would be a bummer if we could only see kid-friendly heroes...

Disney owns Miramax Films

Some Miramax films that should aleviate your concerns:

Kill Bill 1 & 2
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
Clerks 2
No Country for Old Men
There Will be Blood

Antigoth said:

Tifer said:

Disney owns Miramax Films

Some Miramax films that should aleviate your concerns:

Kill Bill 1 & 2
Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back
Clerks 2
No Country for Old Men
There Will be Blood

Movies that Describe your sex life. One of those would be perfect XD

Tifer said:

Honestly, with how bad the stories have been lately, it probably would be better off for them to have a fresh start.

So I work at a comic book store.

Disney buying Marvel could be really good, because if the comic book industry continues it's downturn, this could save it.