my points?

By comdieguy, in Odds & Ends

what do i do with said "my points" earning them is easy you just have to post, add games and friends to your profile. but what do the do can i spend them on stuff.

comdieguy said:

but what do the do

So, has anybody really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

The points enter you in raffles. Nobody knows when the raffles are held or if which raffles they're eligible for. Only that every now and then FFG descend from whatever celestial plane it is they inhabit and throw prizes at someone.

so its just luck and posting way to much. ok got it there a waste of time. look a piece of candy!

Pretty much.

You get 5-10 points for every first post in a different section on different boards. My points jumped up by 20 first time I was at the Dark Heresy boards. You get points for posting frequently, making large posts, adding and accepting friends, making new topics.

More active = More points

Trothael said:

Pretty much.

You get 5-10 points for every first post in a different section on different boards. My points jumped up by 20 first time I was at the Dark Heresy boards. You get points for posting frequently, making large posts, adding and accepting friends, making new topics.

Points for making a first post in a new section - Check

Points for adding and accepting friends - Check

Everything else is a lie. I post frequently, I make long posts, I make new topics, and my points haven't budged.

WayToTheDawn said:

Trothael said:

Pretty much.

Points for making a first post in a new section - Check

Points for adding and accepting friends - Check

Everything else is a lie. I post frequently, I make long posts, I make new topics, and my points haven't budged.

I forgot to mention at the start of the post: The more you do stuff, the less frequently you get points.

If you post 10 times a day, the first day you'll get like 30 points.

By the fifth day of that, you'll have 100 points.

If you're like me, by the over nine thousandth day of that you'll have 101 points.

The 'points-gain curve' really sucks.

That just makes me wonder how anyone could get enough points to even get into the higer tiers unless they were fanatical about every FFG game there is...which is probably what they were thinking. "Ha, no one loves us THAT much."

Speaking of the raffles though...when was the last time anyone heard of one happening?

'Twas either January or March.