Reliable and the .54 Tranter

By player156413, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Ok, so the .54 Tranter is unreliable (jams on 91+). But the text on it explains it jams on a 94+. Eh?

I have just found a good quality verson, giving it reliable (which now counters out the unreliable trait).

My question now is - What roll actually causes this weapon to jam? I realise that semi-auto still jams on a 94+, but does single shot use the 94+ (from the weapon special rule) or 96+ (from the normal jam chance for single shot)?

Eh?

S.K.

Ah, one of the little things that got out of hand. Unreliable weapons jam on 91+, but the bad mechanics of the Tranter make it jam on 94+ even IF it is no longer unreliable. A good quality Tranter would loose the unreliable trait, but still jams on 94+, even in single fire (the Tranter is next to the Carnodon the only Hand Cannon with semi-auto fire). Poorly worded by the writers of the IH (and overseen by FFG so far ^^ ), but that is how i understood it and handled it so far.

segara82 said:

Ah, one of the little things that got out of hand. Unreliable weapons jam on 91+, but the bad mechanics of the Tranter make it jam on 94+ even IF it is no longer unreliable. A good quality Tranter would loose the unreliable trait, but still jams on 94+, even in single fire (the Tranter is next to the Carnodon the only Hand Cannon with semi-auto fire). Poorly worded by the writers of the IH (and overseen by FFG so far ^^ ), but that is how i understood it and handled it so far.

That's how I see it as well.