Asylum Packs

By argopellter, in CoC General Discussion

I was out of the loop for awhile, can I get a list of the Asylum Packs that came out since they switched over to them.

spawn of madness

kingsport dreams

conspiracies of choas

dunwich denizens

plus the current ones (white borders, new backs)

mountain of madness

anicent horrors

So is there a general consensis that the new boarders and backs signify a relaunch of the game and that the old skool ones are going to be unplayable in a tournament setting? I mean the game as non-collectible makes tournament play a bit strange as it is, but for us old skoolers that dropped after the switch, is it worth even trying to get back old cards we used to mess around with?

Pandafarmer said:

So is there a general consensis that the new boarders and backs signify a relaunch of the game and that the old skool ones are going to be unplayable in a tournament setting? I mean the game as non-collectible makes tournament play a bit strange as it is, but for us old skoolers that dropped after the switch, is it worth even trying to get back old cards we used to mess around with?

for agot this is the case. for coc we really arent sure yet. with the holiday sale it seems maybe the black borders wont be standard legal, but when ffg annouced the changed back they said you can still use the old cards but youd have to use sleeves also. so we really dont know. its anyones guess at this point if the old style will still be legal. it would have been nice if ffg said something about this before the sale of coc booster boxes though.