Official Rules not found in the Rulebook

By germ, in Battlelore

In case (or should I say before ) we lose the Days of Wonder Battlelore forum, along with the wealth of information it contains, wouldn't it be a good idea if we could gather up all the official rulings we've receiced that aren't mentioned in the rulebook, for example, the bit about the green creature banners on the Call-to-arms deployment card being a level-1 creature. This is the only example that comes to mind for the moment, but I know there are many more. How about it? Let's call it a constructive way to kill time!

It has crossed my mind. But with a new regime change, some answers might change. So maybe it is best to start over?

As far as the Creature = 1 Level, we kind of have that as a default now that it was clearly expressed that way on the Troll card.

I wouldn't know, this is my first "regime change", but I'm hoping the answers given by richard won't change.

Germ said:

I wouldn't know, this is my first "regime change", but I'm hoping the answers given by richard won't change.

From what I understand, DOW took Richard's vision and ran with it. There were often conflicting ways to handle things and finally DOW asked Richard to just lay low and let them answer. Allegedly. So it is possible that Richard will change some of DOW's answers or FFG will include different things than DOW that would nullify DOW's answers.

All I am saying is that it may be best to let the answers play back out here. But if you feel like there is some important things, go grab them! I brought over my revised turn order because it was a work in progress and never confirmed or denied by DOW.

I dont see Richard being asked to lay low here, in fact it might well be the opposite. I think its encouraging that Richard has already posted in the Troll scenario thread, and lets hope that if such questions come up again he will feel that he is the one to answer the question. It seems fairly obvious to me that if the designer tells you and answer then all debate ends there and we will all be better off knowing thats its likely to be a difinitive answer. I dont expect daily posts from the man, but if a new rules question comes up with new scenarions or future releases of expansions/promo's, well It would be nice to see his name alongside the official answer.