Floor rules errata

By barnabys, in Rules Discussions

Fairbanks said:

Highjack said:

a lot of tie breakers? name 5

Seconding this. I've played upwards of 20-30 ccgs, probably more that I don't actually remember, and I don't think I've ever come across this.

In a tournament time limit is usually 45 mins to an hour. If your life points are the same (it happens more often then you'd think), and no one has a win advantage (say it's still game one or tied 1-1 in the third) when time is called, the game goes until someone has the higher life points and that person is the winner.

Roxas said:

Fairbanks said:

Highjack said:

Seconding this. I've played upwards of 20-30 ccgs, probably more that I don't actually remember, and I don't think I've ever come across this.

In a tournament time limit is usually 45 mins to an hour. If your life points are the same (it happens more often then you'd think), and no one has a win advantage (say it's still game one or tied 1-1 in the third) when time is called, the game goes until someone has the higher life points and that person is the winner.

Okay, your explanation makes more sense, but it is still a bit silly. The way he worded it, it sounded like it was the first person to deal damage that game, not after time.

and again, this is not a system that rewards someone for stalling out in a single game

Fairbanks said:

Roxas said:

Fairbanks said:

Highjack said:

Okay, your explanation makes more sense, but it is still a bit silly. The way he worded it, it sounded like it was the first person to deal damage that game, not after time.

Well he said tie breakers, so I assumed that was implied.

i dont want to insult anybody but i was talking to some people and this deck idea has been done before. its essentially the slow wr made to perfection. its a really good deck and hard to beat but not unbeatable. it will probably beat 90% of decks but i mean w/e then. id say it will beat any deck that it suprises and even alot of the time decks expecting it. me and my friends built a deck that can beat it alot of the time-maybe 60%- and that does so-so against other types of decks-maybe 45%- are those odds concrete no they are just estimates of what we got.

do i think the tiebreakers are okay. i dont know. they do make the most sense the way the game is played but its not fair at all alot of the time and that really sucks so idk what to say about the tiebreakers.

p.s. please dont think im trying to be macho or anything saying the deck can be beaten. im sure the deck would beat my normal deck all the time but me and my friends made a deck that is fairly consistent in winning against a slow WR/stall deck. and our playtesting for that deck we didnt use any roxas/nobody/dark against so i guess idk know how it would fair against them but i think it would do pretty good

so your contention is the deck isn't broken because a deck can be made specifically to beat it? I was going to write out a whole post here, but you're missing the point, so I don't care enough to.

Highjack said:

so your contention is the deck isn't broken because a deck can be made specifically to beat it? I was going to write out a whole post here, but you're missing the point, so I don't care enough to.

I actually agree with this post. Doing that leaves out any creativity (which this game as succeed to kill anyway), and with a giant game of Rock Paper Scissors. Deck A (the 90% win deck) beats Deck B, so Player creates Deck C which beats Deck A and loses to Deck B.....when that happens... i would say it's broken.

i dont know how the decks generally go by you but kingdom hearts has had a rock-paper-scissors style of decks since set 2 but more defined in set 3. so w/e

highjack i do understand the point and its not one deck to beat fairbanks. his deck is a good deck and its going to be hard to beat. but there are plenty of other decks that are hard to beat with different objectives. i would not say its broke. it does take advantage of the time limit which is kinda cheap but you could make a search deck or something or a deck that is purposely set up to take really long turns and according to the time ruleing it would be legal. but there are no rules agaisnt so w/e. what im trying to say about your deck is people just need to be able to adapt to play that style of deck. like when you played roxas and people didnt run equipment hate, well id gurantee some of those people decided "hey maybe i should rn abu." people just hae to learn to adapt

creativity? there are certain cards that are always played becasue they are good cards and that ends up creating similar decklists with small variants. im not 100% what you meant by creativity but to be competetive the room for creativity is pretty small. and dont say "oh theres dark/light/ blah blah blah"

Though in a card game there isnt and shouldn't be a deck build of who ever can run out the clock longest. Cause even in a game of UFS there are decks that run out the time but they still have to be able to kill before the time runs out to officially gain a win. No card game I have ever played have I ever been or seen played to stall for time, cause decks when they stall its for a certain reason like in Yugioh to get Exodia or burn out peoples life points every turn, but just sitting there and stalling just to wait till time runs out is really ridiculous. Cause the tie breaker ruling really does need to be changed to something more sensible that will be fair to both aggro and world racers. Cause serioulsy at this point of seeing just those decks I wouldnt care if the new tie breaker rule would be "Flip a coin and call heads or tails and if you get it correct you win the game." or match or whatever you call the games within the rounds.

thats all fine and dandy but everyone has different taste so you will get deck E through J and that changes everything