Fab's fleet generator => News & updates

By fab74, in Star Wars: Armada

Good update. Glad my feedback was helpful.

Good update. Glad my feedback was helpful.

Yes, many thanx !

Thanks Fab, your fleet builder is outstanding. Well done!

Do we know if anyone is working on a mobile version of something like this? The X-Wing Companion apps on my phone were a life saver. Really miss having something like that at the moment.

Wrong post ! sorry, It was for x-wing !

Edited by fab74

So I basically want to run a tournament with the random fleet generator at my store. Takes all this "meta" crap discussion out of it. I would like to see who is the best Admiral, not the best list builder.

Running into a problem tonight. The TIE Bomber and B wing are only allowing me to add one to a fleet. Either the named squadron or a regular one but not both.

Running into a problem tonight. The TIE Bomber and B wing are only allowing me to add one to a fleet. Either the named squadron or a regular one but not both.

Have you tried putting it into Free mode?

Are you loading a saved file - or working from scratch?

If loading, it can be a but tricky sometimes.

So I basically want to run a tournament with the random fleet generator at my store. Takes all this "meta" crap discussion out of it. I would like to see who is the best Admiral, not the best list builder.

But to what extent will the random fleet generator not determine the outcome by creating unbalanced matchups? I don't think that will measure who is the best admiral any better than the self-build system.

I'm also curious why you feel discussions about the meta are crap, and why list-building is a skill you do not feel is valuable. I know you're not alone, otherwise I wouldn't be asking.

If you click on "refine" under both the Fighter packs, you'll see that for some reason it views the contents of the pack as 2 of each unique but only one total of each fighter. Luckily there's a little drop box there where you can set things right.

I agree it's an issue, but there -is- a workaround!

(PS Fab thank you so much for this tool. I don't even think I could put a list together without it any more.)

PPS - is there any way to make the text on the objective cards bigger? As is I have to look at my hard copy cards to determine which objectives I want to take, whereas everything else is contained within the app itself.

Hes decided not to add the objective texts available. Something to do with copyright i believe.

Just wanted to post my thanks for this tool as well. It really makes fleet design much easier.

So your randomiser comes out with a very strong list for the Imperials and a very average list for the Rebels. Unless you swap sides and go to a lot of trouble you may not have removed enough of the randomness to ensure any fairer a result than you feel is obtained by building fleets. You are just replacing meta with random, which isn't ideal either.

My regular opponent and I played a few random games, in the hope that we would learn about some of the upgrade combinations which otherwise don't see action in competitive play. After a few weeks it felt like we had 1,000 monkeys and 1000 typewriters, we were just never going to see a workable combo at random. Once we slapped down some lists that we worked on the games got closer, and we actually started hitting each other with card combinations that worked.

I think too your comment is such that you would put the list before the player. I think this game will have a meta, by pure definition it has to. However, it will be a very weak meta, try this experiment: Play 3 games, in each game randomise the mission (one game with each colour set) then knowing the mission build fleets. Then swap sides, if you went Imperial for these go Rebel.

If the meta is strong, what would you expect?

Hi all,

I was out for a while and checks the messages, thank you all for your support.

For those who are experiencing issue with the build, regarding the number of squadrons you could add and so on, as specify by "What" you can click the refine link to check the card distribution.

If you change it on purpose it is ok, but if you didn't do anything on that side check if everyhing is consistent, if not, use the "RESET" button to refresh the cookie.

It should solved the issue.

Just let me know of that point, as some of you are meeting the same issue.

bye

Fab

Do we know if anyone is working on a mobile version of something like this? The X-Wing Companion apps on my phone were a life saver. Really miss having something like that at the moment.

The best mobile app I've found for Armada thus far is Battlescribe. While it doesn't give any reference for card text it's useful for a complete fleet reference.

I want to use the randomizer for a tournament. Takes the net building out and puts the result squarely on player performance.

I want to use the randomizer for a tournament. Takes the net building out and puts the result squarely on player performance.

No, it doesn't. It puts it in the hands of the script that generates the fleets :D

A mobile version would be nice. Their companion apps are the one thing I envy about X-wing players.

What would be just as nice is an Armada AI app for when you can't get anyone to play with. Solo X-wing was already a blast. Imagine if it were solo Armada. :lol:

No, it doesn't. It puts it in the hands of the script that generates the fleets :D

I agree, I've seen some pretty crazy random fleets. Some pretty useless cards and combos get added.

Its great for fun games, but never for a tournament. I would never play in a tournament where I can get screwed by the random fleet generator.

Like getting corrupter and no Tie Bombers...that was awesome!

I don't see how this match is fun to play:

REBEL FLEET (300 points)
1 • Objectives - Advanced Gunnery - Fleet Ambush - Intel Sweep (0)
2 • Nebulon-B Support Refit - Mon Mothma - Weapons Liaison - Engine Techs - XX-9 Turbolasers - Yavaris (102)
3 • CR90 Corellian Corvette B - Weapons Liaison - Engine Techs - Electronic Countermeasures - Ion Cannon Batteries - Tantive IV (65)
4 • Y-wing Squadron (10)
5 • A-wing Squadron (11)
6 • B-wing Squadron (14)
7 • B-wing Squadron (14)
8 • Dutch'' Vander Y-wing Squadron (16)
9 • A-wing Squadron (11)
10 • Tycho Celchu A-wing Squadron (16)
11 • CR90 Corellian Corvette B - Jaina's Light (41)
http://armada.fabpsb.net/permalink.php?sq=r0a1a7a9r4c4o4s3t3f9r2o4s3d1i2f7r9r13r11r11r15r13r12r2f6

EMPIRE FLEET (300 points)
1 • Objectives - Opening Salvo - Hyperspace Assault - Intel Sweep (0)
2 • Gladiator II-class Star Destroyer - Admiral Screed - Director Isard - Sensor Team - Nav Team - Expanded Launchers - Demolisher (123)
3 • TIE Advanced Squadron (12)
4 • TIE Fighter Squadron (8)
5 • Howlrunner'' TIE Fighter Squadron (16)
6 • Darth Vader TIE Advanced Squadron (21)
7 • TIE Fighter Squadron (8)
8 • Mauler'' Mithel TIE Fighter Squadron (15)
9 • TIE Fighter Squadron (8)
10 • TIE Fighter Squadron (8)
11 • Victory I-class Star Destroyer - Veteran Captain - Expanded Hangar Bay (81)
http://armada.fabpsb.net/permalink.php?sq=e0a4a8a9e6c6o6w3s2n2f12e12e4e3e11e4e10e4e4e1o7g1

Might have been said in this forum.

The objectives, when you hover could the text be like the rest of the cards and show the text, not the card so we can read it.

I've been having an issue lately.

The list builder is charging me build points for certain Objective cards - basically the victory points are being charged as build points.

I doubt that's a random bug.

I've been having an issue lately.

The list builder is charging me build points for certain Objective cards - basically the victory points are being charged as build points.

I doubt that's a random bug.

Same here.

And here.

Have you all submitted an error report through e-mail via the link? I had an issue and did that, Fab got back to me and took care of the issue.