Fab's fleet generator => News & updates

By fab74, in Star Wars: Armada

13 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

@fab74 I was curious if you'd be able to increase the point cap from 999?(to say 9999?) My local group does fleet battles over 1000 points fairly often, and it can get a little hard to track upgrade cards through other fleet builders.

What he said. Actually, I have a fairly regular 1500 pt challenge, and it would help greatly if I could not have to break my list into the separate lists. Love your builder, by the way. My main builder, actually.

Bug: You can equip Boarding Engineers/Troopers through the Weapons team slot on a ship without the Offensive shot. I found this out using the GSD, I'm not sure if it extends to other ships, or the inverse using the offensive slot on a ship without a weapons team slot.

15 hours ago, Darth Sanguis said:

@fab74 I was curious if you'd be able to increase the point cap from 999?(to say 9999?) My local group does fleet battles over 1000 points fairly often, and it can get a little hard to track upgrade cards through other fleet builders.

Hi, I will have a look to push the limit, as soon as possible.

13 minutes ago, JJs Juggernaut said:

Bug: You can equip Boarding Engineers/Troopers through the Weapons team slot on a ship without the Offensive shot. I found this out using the GSD, I'm not sure if it extends to other ships, or the inverse using the offensive slot on a ship without a weapons team slot.

Point taken, I will check that.

22 minutes ago, JJs Juggernaut said:

Hi, I just check and was not able to reproduce the issue. Could you try to clear the navigator cache and retry. If the issue is still their thank you to provide more inputs.

Many thanx for the report.

I don't see the issue either. Strange. I didn't even clear the cache manually...

I did notice that the two Boarding teams only show up in the Weapons team menu, not the offensive retro menu. Same goes for Cham.

Vader may have been the issue I was seeing. He appears in the weapons team menu for ships without the offensive slot.

4 hours ago, fab74 said:

Hi, I will have a look to push the limit, as soon as possible.

Awesome thank you!

6 hours ago, JJs Juggernaut said:

I did notice that the two Boarding teams only show up in the Weapons team menu, not the offensive retro menu. Same goes for Cham.

Vader may have been the issue I was seeing. He appears in the weapons team menu for ships without the offensive slot.

I see for Vader, I will check that.

The double slot cards only appears in the firt card type, I will try to improve that in order to display them in both. The other option would be to consider these cards as a specific card type....

Hi,

Vader should be fixed now.

I also push the point limit but take care if you set a too big number your risk a timeout.

Rollback, performance seems to be not good enough...

Thank you to report any issues after this change/

bye

Edited by fab74

i just discovered this SWA fleet generator.

A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+

awesome awesome awesome

you can totally randomize your fleets and you never know what you are going to play with.

11 hours ago, rjl51869 said:

i just discovered this SWA fleet generator.

A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+

awesome awesome awesome

you can totally randomize your fleets and you never know what you are going to play with.

Oh yeah.

Let me tell you, this makes for tremendously hilarious builds and games. Force yourself to play with whatever it gives you on both sides! (Ozzel with VSDs for instance :) )

1 hour ago, CaribbeanNinja said:

Oh yeah.

Let me tell you, this makes for tremendously hilarious builds and games. Force yourself to play with whatever it gives you on both sides! (Ozzel with VSDs for instance :) )

Oh yeah. How about a battle of 2 CR90A and GR-75 Transports with upgrades and squadrons versus an ISD and a VSD?

The point value might match but your tactics have got to change.

But i have to say, me and my friend who are still learning to play this awesome game are having a blast with this thing.

Good work, Fab.

Wait until the Chimaera and the Profundity come along.

And when FFG finally puts the SSD on the playmat, oh boy!

On 24/09/2017 at 2:09 PM, CaribbeanNinja said:

Oh yeah.

Hi,

As I am not really an Armada player, so don't hesitate to come back to me in order to avoid faulty or ridicoulous random build, it will help me to improve the random builds ;-).

So, thank you to provide more information about that with explaination why some combinaisons are wrong.

Bye.

11 minutes ago, fab74 said:

Hi,

As I am not really an Armada player, so don't hesitate to come back to me in order to avoid faulty or ridicoulous random build, it will help me to improve the random builds ;-).

So, thank you to provide more information about that with explaination why some combinaisons are wrong.

Bye.

There are no wrong combinations, there are only some that aren't good, like the one mentioned because Ozzel is good for faster ships and VSDs are very slow so they can only benefit from Ozzel's abbility in a very very punctual situation. But I think they meant that it's good that the random works this way because it can give you fleets that otherwise you'll never think of putting together

25 minutes ago, fab74 said:

Hi,

Bye.

Don't go changin'!

Yes, you do get a lot of random builds, but it really makes the game even more interesting when you get a CR90, a NEB-B, and a GR-75 transport with a lot of squadrons versus a ISD, a GLAD and a RAID with not so many squadrons.

If you are the Rebel player, it makes you really think about a strategy about how to take out three large ships with three small ships, but you have to use your squadrons effectively.

I have a few suggestions.

I like your NORMAL, SHIPS, CARDS and MAX CARDS and OPTIMIZE.

How about adding LIGHT SQUADRONS, MED SQUADRONS, FULL SQUADRONS to that?

It will tell the generator to utilize a certain point value for squadrons and it will use the rest of the points for ships and upgrades.

Sometimes, on a 400 point fleet, the generator will give me 15 squadrons but only 3-4 ships.

Since this game is based on destroying ships in order to win, if you have only 4 ships and 15 squadrons, it doesnt matter how many squadrons you have remaining on the board if all your ships are destroyed...you still lose.

So Fab, what do you think?

On 25/09/2017 at 10:25 PM, rjl51869 said:

Yes, you do get a lot of random builds, but it really makes the game even more interesting when you get a CR90, a NEB-B, and a GR-75 transport with a lot of squadrons versus a ISD, a GLAD and a RAID with not so many squadrons.

If you are the Rebel player, it makes you really think about a strategy about how to take out three large ships with three small ships, but you have to use your squadrons effectively.

I have a few suggestions.

I like your NORMAL, SHIPS, CARDS and MAX CARDS and OPTIMIZE.

How about adding LIGHT SQUADRONS, MED SQUADRONS, FULL SQUADRONS to that?

It will tell the generator to utilize a certain point value for squadrons and it will use the rest of the points for ships and upgrades.

Sometimes, on a 400 point fleet, the generator will give me 15 squadrons but only 3-4 ships.

Since this game is based on destroying ships in order to win, if you have only 4 ships and 15 squadrons, it doesnt matter how many squadrons you have remaining on the board if all your ships are destroyed...you still lose.

So Fab, what do you think?

I think it is a good idea. So I will probably do something like that ;-).

Hi,

Governor Pryce and other new contents had been added to Fab's fleet generator => http://armada.fabpsb.net/gindex.php

bye

Edited by fab74

Woo!

Hello,

the new cards from "Profundity" preview had been added to Fab's fleet generator => http://armada.fabpsb.net/gindex.php

bye

Awesome, fab. Must get started on my new build immediately! :D

Hello,

the new cards from " Chimaera " preview had been added to Fab's fleet generator => http://armada.fabpsb.net/gindex.php

bye

49 minutes ago, fab74 said:

Hello,

the new cards from " Chimaera " preview had been added to Fab's fleet generator => http://armada.fabpsb.net/gindex.php

bye

Much obliged!

1 hour ago, fab74 said:

Hello,

bye

Thanks for all the hardwork you put in to this!

7th fleet title only adds to ISDs, not VSDs & GSDs as well unlike the Mon Calamari Exodus fleet which does add to all the MCs

Edited by slasher956