Minions, Monsters and Havens

By Shadowspawn2, in Middle-earth Quest

I can't seem to find whether this allowable or not.

1) Can you play influence in havens?

2) Can you play monster takens in havens (if they have infulence.. see above)

3) Can minions move onto a Haven territory.

4) If minions do move into a Haven and kill a Hero, does the hero "respawn" back at the same Haven?

Thanks in advance.

Shadowspawn said:

4) If minions do move into a Haven and kill a Hero, does the hero "respawn" back at the same Haven?

#1: No.

"Influence tokens may never be placed in Haven locations." (p. 16)

#2: No. FAQ states you can't place them in a Haven, even if Black Serpent (who can ignore influence req for placing monsters) is adjacent to a Haven.

#3: Sure.

#4: It's the nearest Haven. Note that combat in a Haven only happens if the Hero chooses to allow it. So Minion in Haven isn't really doing a lot of good in general (Gothmog would make all locations adjacent Perilous).

Shadowspawn said:

I can't seem to find whether this allowable or not.

Thanks in advance.

1. No. Rules page 16, column 2, under "Placing Influence on Locations".

2. No. It's in the FAQ. http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/middle-earth_quest/middle-earth-quest-rules/MEQ_FAQ%200-1.pdf

3. Yes. Rules page 18, under "Move Monster or Minion".

4. Yes, but on page 22, under "The Ambush Step", it says "If the current hero is in a Haven location, combat only takes place if the hero allows it."

We've been playing the "no combat allowed in havens except by hero choice" to apply to both the "Ambush Step" and the "Combat or Peril Step". However, just looking at the rules now, it makes me wonder if it applies ONLY to the "Ambush Step".

TK

TK, too slow gran_risa.gif !

Thanks for the help guys. (I should have looked at the FAQ, sorry about that.)

I've got to say, this game is very enjoyable!

Dam said:

TK, too slow gran_risa.gif !

I may be slow, but at least I've got air-conditioning AND a game table big enough for Arkham (and it isn't spelled "floor").

TK

gran_risa.gif