Designer Diary: Introduction

By Guest, in News

It's been a pretty crazy first few weeks on the job. As the Senior RPG Developer for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay, I have a lot of exciting work ahead. One of the things I'm looking forward to most is the opportunity like this to share some information about what's coming down the road.

As some of you may have already seen or read, there are two announced WFRP products to start getting excited about. Shades of Empire and Tomb of Thieves will be the first Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay products published by Fantasy Flight Games since acquiring the Warhammer license. And I'm pleased to say that we were able to leverage the talent and experience of Green Ronin to help develop these first two products under the FFG Banner.

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay fans will see several familiar names in these upcoming books — Steve Darlington, Jody Macgregor and Andy Law are just some of the contributors fans can expect to see adding their vision to these WFRP products.

And yes, the current working titles are Shades of Empire (not Shadows of Empire) and Tomb of Thieves (not Tome of Thieves, though that still somehow types itself whenever I reference the book in a document or email).

So while that's some interesting and exciting news, it's not much to really chew on, is it? Well, I figured I'd throw this tasty morsel out, as well.

What exactly is this Shades of Empire? The title is pretty evocative, but what's it all about?

Shades of Empire is a Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay sourcebook that presents detailed background material on several key, influential organizations in the Old World. SoE will be jam-packed with adventure hooks and lots of new ideas for adventures, as well as offering player characters interesting new paths for advancement. Each chapter will appeal to both players and GM, with information tailored to both.

I feel like a sneaky skaven since I get to browse through the product proposal and see what's in store for WFRP fans with this book… So keep your eyes peeled; I'll be dropping more tidbits about this and other projects when I'm able.