Would like some quest markers

By TonyACT, in Middle-earth Quest

Posted on the Geek as well, but when the inevitable expansion for this awesome game comes out I would like to see some nice Quest markers, just paired numbers (1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc, about a dozen will do). One to go on the quest card in front of the player, one to mark the affected location on the map. I find we often have a number of quests active and it is hard to keep track of where you need to go for them. Of course, we have made a few home-made ones but would be nice to have something that fits the rest of the game (like the ?Activity markers in Arkham).

Why make the game more fiddley? The most character quests you can have out is 3 and you can keep track of those with the card in front of you. It's not like someone else can finish your quest for you. And you can only have one Event Quest going at a time.

Magic Pink said:

And you can only have one Event Quest going at a time.

But you can have X amount of Quests from the Encounter deck. The best so far is only 3 at the same time though, so well within brain safety parameters gran_risa.gif . At least for me.

I'm not a fan of more markers, especially ones that have no value. Plot markers are key, so those I can let slide, saves asking "what location does that plot affect again?" each turn.

Magic Pink said:

Why make the game more fiddley? The most character quests you can have out is 3 and you can keep track of those with the card in front of you. It's not like someone else can finish your quest for you. And you can only have one Event Quest going at a time.

Well, for players who don't know ME it can be very hard to keep track of.

I guess one person's fiddley is another person's easier to play. Happy if you throw them away if you don't need them, just noting that I and everyone who has played the game with me would like to see them - there was even enough spare cardboard on the die from the original to print a few - would imagine it will be the same for any expansion which might happen along.

Why not quest markers like the ones in WOW:TAG with images of the players on them? That way, everyone knows where their quest targets are...even Sauron. I mean, think of poor Sauron...does he not have to keep track of quests and where they might be so that he knows where he should focus his efforts?

TonyACT said:

Posted on the Geek as well, but when the inevitable expansion for this awesome game comes out I would like to see some nice Quest markers, just paired numbers (1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc, about a dozen will do). One to go on the quest card in front of the player, one to mark the affected location on the map. I find we often have a number of quests active and it is hard to keep track of where you need to go for them. Of course, we have made a few home-made ones but would be nice to have something that fits the rest of the game (like the ?Activity markers in Arkham).

Currently, I've just placed wound tokens on every Encounter quest location. It's not ideal but it does help a bit.

It's been over 2 years now, and still no word of an expansion. Hopefully the expansion for Chaos of the Old World is a positive sign. FFG, hurry up and release something, there are many fans waiting to give you their money!