The Errata Deck

By barnabys, in Gummi Garage

So I was planning on posting articles more regularly, but then I came up with this deck and wanted to keep quiet about it until I had the chance to play it in 1 tournament. I say 1 because it won't only get 1 before it saw some errata. I had been planning on playing it today, but the tournament got cancelled, so I've decided to just put it up here so it can get taken care of now. In the words of famous hollywood producer Bob Ryan, what if I was to tell you I had a deck that took almost no skill to play and could not lose unless it was playing the mirror, is that, something you might be interested in? What if I was to tell you that Wishing Lamp would be the first card in the game to need power level errata, would you believe me? Skeptical? Read on.

A little background:

So after gencon I thought I would gauge interest in seeing if I could get people to come to my town for tournaments. Pretty quick I got a reply that they already run tournaments up in Rockford and that I'd be welcome to come up there. So I started brainstorming a deck. I was working on an aggro deck I really wanted to run but when I found out I didn't have the cards I needed, so it was back to the drawing board. The gut response would be to just run my improved Roxas deck, but as I said in my last article I thought the deck was poorly positioned if people were expecting it. I thought the deck with the best chance of winning would the teh Fairbanks deck, but that would not be fun to play and I would look like a jerk taking it to this small tournament. Problem was if I wasn't gonna run that I didn't want to be a WR because it just wouldn't be as good, so what's the point. I asked Fairbanks for his opinion and said (sort of jokingly) I was probably either going to run the Roxas deck or my broken dark deck (NOTE: I did not actually have a broken dark deck). While waiting for his response I decided to start making a dark deck as I had been planning on writing an article about it anyway.

The Dark Deck:

So the first thing to consider when making a dark deck is Riku or Ansem. Not a huge difference there, but definitely enough to matter. The biggest thing that jumped out at me was that Riku could use equipment and attack cards. Not such a big deal because as I said in a past article, I'm not that impressed with the current crop of equipment cards. I needed to do due diligence by this though so I went through and read all of them. "Wishing lamp" I said (note, this was before Troth came up with his deck, otherwise I would have totally just ripped it off ;) "this could be power, I mean, I can have allll my dark cards in play and if there's enough Agrabah dark cards, I could just always have soul eater, or something else thats not that exciting." So I started building, by and large the deck builds itself:

Player cards:

1x Dark Riku

Obviously, it's why I'm building the deck

Attack cards:

1x Oblivion

1x Ultima weapon

3x Soul eater

These 5 should probably be in any Riku deck, light or dark.

Dark cards (I don't remember the set for all of these, but it's probably BoD for almost all of them):

3x bouncy wild

3x pot spider

3x bandit

3x angel star

3x fat bandit

3x pot centipede

3x bit sniper

1x genie jafar

3x black fungus

3x Cave of wonders guardian

Again, this is pretty obvious, it's 3 of every dark card that naturally draws along with 3 of every agrabah card (well only 1 jafar). And then 3 bit snipers and 3 black fungus just to get the cards in play

Magic:

3x Cura

These almost certainly would have been cut if I'd kept with this deck, but as you'll see I stopped playtesting it pretty quick.

Events:

1x Event 1

it has a home in every agro deck

Equipment

3x wishing lamp

The heart and soul of the deck, makes it all work.

So I playtested a quick 10 game set, and if they didn't have monstro out I usually had every dark card in play by the end of turn 4. This seemed really solid to me, but it did have that big condition. If they didn't have monstro out. That stuck with me. See the way I looked at it was that made pretty much any game against a good light agro deck with monstro out would be an auto loss, or at least really tough. I figured odds were that on average their 3 friends would be better than my 3. I, as a general rule, don't run decks I feel have auto-loses. So once again while waiting for feedback from Fairbanks, I started brainstorming again.

When I had first started to realize the power of Wishing Lamp I looked at the light cards available to see if it was possible to do the same sort of thing there. My gut reaction was no as all the agrabah friends were terrible and trying to do the same thing would mean running 9 copies of alladin. Seemed terrible to me so I had written it off. The next day at work however it popped into my mind. The thought I had was, I wonder if there's enough agrabah cards that if I added in the Light side draw already available I would be able to loop my deck infinitely in 1 turn. Turns out I could. Now there's obvious a number of degenerate things you can do with infinite deck cycles. You could gain infinite life. You could simba away all their friends. You could pinnochio away their hand. Or...you could always just Event 1 them to death. So here it is, the best deck that's ever been made in this game, I'll give it a more solid explanation after the list.

Player cards:

1x Sora Level 1

The only relevant thing here is that he's level 1, you just wanna go first. If there was a level 0 sora that had no attack or magic and started at 4 life, I would run that in a heartbeat.

Equipment:

2x wishing lamp

3x lamp

I know I know, only running 2 of what I call the most broken card seems wrong. Here's the thing though, after you get one in play, any time you draw another one it's a dead card and just awful. After starting with 3 I ended up cutting 1 and adding a will turner. It might be correct to go down to 1 and have 2 will turners, but I never bothered with that as it didn't seem necessary. The lamps were originally just in there cause they're Agrabah cards, but I came to realize if I have a lamp on aladdin, any level aladdin can cast Bambi, which is soooooo good.

Locations:

1x Monstro level 1

This might seem counter-intuitive. Originally it was an Agrabah level 1 just for the card draw. Then it became a destiny islands level 1 to pull king to help set up the combo. Then I realized it was screwing me for things like Tink, Bambi and the King to stay in play, so I needed a way to discard my own friends. Monstro was perfect. The deck can only run 1 location because it can in theory win on turn 1, but for that to be possible you need to never draw dead cards like a second location that you can't play.

Event cards:

1x Event 1

Again, this is the win condition, you will end up playing this 10 times in one turn.

Friends:

I'm gonna break this down a bit more to talk about the reasoning behind some of the friends more in depth.

3x aladdin level 1

3x aladdin level 2

3x aladdin level 3

3x iago

3x abu

3x jasmine

The heart of the deck, 3 copies of every agrabah friend. All of them are worthless except aladdin who lets you cast Bambi.

1x chip and dale

1x fairy godmother

While both their abilities can come up, they were originally only put in the deck because they remove themselves from the game, allowing you to thin your deck out more. The godmother can also be useful if you don't have an aladdin set up yet and need to cast bambi (also gets bambi, so good).

1x The King

1x Will Turner

I'd say 95% of the time the King will fetch a wishing lamp, but since he ends up getting used many many times a game, most of the time he just gets bambi. Will turner continues being useful after getting a wishing lamp because he can dig up regular lamps to draw more cards. This is why it may be correct to run 2 Will Turners.

3x bambi level 3

1x genie level 1

1x cid

The money card draw. Once you get going you'll often be able to cid for 10 at a time, at that point it's guarenteed you will win that turn.

1x Promo tink (the level 1, I'm not sure if that's a relevant distinction)

She's very key as you're dealing yourself as much damage with Event 1 as you deal them. Typically you'll only need to use her once to get ahead of them on life, but you do have the option of gaining infinite life.

1x tidus

1x simba level 1(promo, again, is that relevant?)

Originally I thought the only way the deck could lose was if they had captain pete, phil and owl in play. Then I'd lose a ton of life and wouldn't be able to heal. To this effect I originally also ran cura in case they had either phil or owl but not both. If they had both but not pete I felt I was still fine as most of the time 9 life (starting plus my 1 world) would be enough to be ahead of them. Fairbanks pointed out I could just run Tidus and the whole thing would be moot. That one card is what made the deck unbeatable. The simba probably doesn't need to be in there, but it doesn't hurt.

3x moogles

it will come up that you have a level 1 aladdin in play and you need to goto level 3, but you don't have a bridge. This makes sure that doesn't happen. It doesn't come up THAT often, but honestly I'm not even sure what they'd be replaced with.

So that's the deck, a lean 41 card fighting machine. Just to be abundantly clear, the way the deck works is you draw as normal or use your non agrabah card draw to get a wishing lamp out. At this point you've essentially just cut out 21 cards from your deck because every time you draw one it replaces itself. Add in your other card draw and you very easily keep drawing, keep playing event 1 and keep shuffling. In a quick 10 game playtest set, 70% of the time it won on its second turn, twice it one on it's 3rd turn and only once did it take till it's 4th turn(though in that game it was struck with some ludicrously bad luck). I propose Wishing Lamp is changed to: "The first time each turn you play an agrabah card, draw a card." Otherwise this deck just destroys any sense of balance. It's not fun to play, but if your goal is to win a tournament you are a fool to run any other deck. Feel free to tell me how you think this deck can lose in the comments (as I'm sure you won't take my word for it and won't take the time to playtest before posting) and I will tell you why you're wrong. Keep in mind 70% of the time, if I go first, you will get only 1 turn to do anything.

#1 There's a lvl1 Beast promo?

#2 It is a very, very good deck. I honestly could not find a way that could reasonably stop it in time to make it matter. I considered having an oposing Dark Deck with Jafar as a friend (very rare), a Dark Deck that has multiple Captain Barbosa in play (rare, but not unheard of), and an opponent using Sally's to kill off both your Wishing Lamps and the Chip & Dale (unlikely). And even the last one, which is most likely to hurt the deck, would stall for maybe 3 or 4 turns

haha i meant simba, shows how well I know my own deck ;) and of course if they're playing a dark deck, 70% of the time they will only get 1 turn.

omg omfg omg omg omg omg omg i've been attempting this for a week and always went to world rush but omg omg omg omg omg i love this im buying this asap this is perfect anyone nowhere you can buy promos

B1ack said:

where you can buy promos

The internet.

I came up with Dark Aggrobah a week ago, way before I posted it here, but because of overlooking certain cards or just generally being a ditz, my deck fall to pieces if it didn't draw into certain 'percentages'. Looking at your Dark build, it's a massive improvement which relies more on swarming than power. Of course, Monstro rips any deck built to swarm to shreds, but I realised the other day that when your powerful cards are all LVL6 or higher, and with cards like Jack Sparrow discarding them easy-like that I needed to re-work my deck =/

tl;dr Dark decks need moar power.

This Light build is amazing. I love it. However it's something I already gave up on. After reading more into Sluppie 's infinite draw theories, and looking at some of what Choitz was working on, I felt unoriginal.

Trothael said:

I came up with Dark Aggrobah a week ago, way before I posted it here, but because of overlooking certain cards or just generally being a ditz, my deck fall to pieces if it didn't draw into certain 'percentages'. Looking at your Dark build, it's a massive improvement which relies more on swarming than power. Of course, Monstro rips any deck built to swarm to shreds, but I realised the other day that when your powerful cards are all LVL6 or higher, and with cards like Jack Sparrow discarding them easy-like that I needed to re-work my deck =/

Dark decks need moar power.

This Light build is amazing. I love it. However it's something I already gave up on. After reading more into Sluppie 's infinite draw theories, and looking at some of what Choitz was working on, I felt unoriginal.

Sorry, mate. You know me 'n Dark Decks. Once we had our rulin, I flew. 'N my deck's gotten better 'n better the more I test it out. I do, however, thank you for the kudos, certainly.

As for Sluppie's infinite draw theory, it has only one setback: Wishin Lamp. When addin Wishin Lamp, you have to add Agrabah friends, 'n that causes the deck to crumble, or so my experiences have shown. However, I've found the Pegasus engine (yes, Mr. Dawn thought this up before, but I mod'd it up to the infinite draw) much more effective. Every time I play'd with it, either the first or second turn, it flow'd like water. No matter what happen'd, it won, guarenteed. 'N yes, it ran a Sora lvl 1 for first turn chance as well.

The Wishin Lamp engine has its setbacks. One, it's equipment based, 'n therefore, can easily be destroy'd with equipment hate. Two, you only draw one card per card play'd, whereas I turn'd the Herc cards into Bambi lvl 3s (makin me able to draw much quicker). Three, for safe keepin, you'd want to run two of the equipments to make certain you draw one out. I find it easier searchin for a single lvl 2 friend than I do for an equipment. Plus, it's a lvl 2 friend which you can drop on the field. Four, neg deck space. For a perfect draw deck, you must make neg deck space. I effectively made my Pegasus Draw Deck a 25 or so card deck after neg deck space was applied effectively.

Regardless, I find the Wishin Lamp draw engine much slower 'n more bulky in the long run.

Trothael said:

B1ack said:

where you can buy promos

The internet.

okay wat site

B1ack said:

Trothael said:

B1ack said:

where you can buy promos

The internet.

okay wat site

Ebay's your best bet.

thax even though i hate ebay

it sounds like it can work but would love to see it work. many decks work in theory but its hard to count what your oppenent hits you with. sally could slow you but for how long im unsure of.

B1ack said:

thax even though i hate ebay

If HighJack is unwilling to sell you anything (pretty sure he's got at least 3x of all promos), there's the bazaar too. Though doing it on here doesn't have the restrictions and protections of ebay, you may get gouged less.

Also, Mike: you impatient bastard.

Alright lets start from the top:

b1ack: I really don't think this deck will last, it might seem like enough garbage on paper that it doesn't get a ruling, but as soon as one of the rules team members builds it and plays it they'll understand

Troth: yea, they do need more power, like I said I gave up on the deck pretty quick. I did think swarm was the way to go, I'm not sure if it's neccessarily better than what you'd put together, like I said it wasn't very thoroughly playtested.

choitz: no offense, but did you actually read the post? I mean I don't care if you didn't, it was pretty long and I tend to ramble. Let me sum it up for you.

First, I should have brought up equipment hate in the original post as I knew people were going to bring that up. I suppose it could suck, if they could use it on your turn, which they can't, so it's not relevant. Most of the time, the turn I play Wishing Lamp is the turn I win the game, so they would never have had a chance to kill it.

Second, how does adding agrabah friends make the deck crumble? what part of that statement makes sense?

Third, you say you replaced hercs with bambis in your deck, how is that relevant here? I run bambis (hence me thinking you didn't actually read the post)

Fourth, we'll just assume I'm not as smart as you, but lets take a stab at this neg space thing:

40 card deck (player in play), at the point that I have the combo going I'll have 6 cards out (1 wishing lamp, 1 lamp, 1 aladdin, 1 beast, 1 moogle, 1 monstro) so,

34 card deck, but of course 2 cards get removed from the game (chip and godmother) so,

32 card deck, but of course there's still 19 agrabah cards in there and since they refill they don't realy count so,

13 card deck, and then there's the 5 regular draw cards (3 bambi, 1 king, 1 genie) so,

8 card deck, now, I'd tend to count will against this, since most of the time he can get a lamp, so lets just pretend, 7 card deck (and he thins it more since he pulls a lamp)

7 card deck, one of them is cid, typically any 3 cards and cid are enough to keep your combo going, the times I draw into too many dead cards and it ends the turn are the times that it takes me till turn 3 to win.

To be clear I'm not trying to attack you here, but I would not have posted this with such a bold claim if I had not playtested it a ton. This isn't a theory exercise, this works, I mean I'm no math guy, I couldn't necessarily break down why it works all I know is it does work and that fact isn't up for debate. I look forward to hearing back from you.

comdieguy: well if it hasn't been fixed by the next time I come up there for a tourney (which I'm gonna guess we'll be in two weeks as I think I have to work next friday) I'll bring it, though as I just said, this isn't a matter of theory, it works, when playtesting I would just throw in random situations and it never mattered. As I keep saying, keep in mind they will often only get 1 turn, there's just not a ton they can do in 1 turn.

fairbanks: I'm SOOOOOO impatient : D really though it would have only been worth keeping under wraps for that online tournament as I would have felt bad taking it up north.

I am, in no way, attemptin to attack your deck idea. I've the same idea for the OC cards when I read through them, 'n after Dawn made his rulin on the cards. 'N certainly, I read through each bit of your post twice over. Do note that I had the same general idea on both decks, but found Wishin Lamp much better for a Dark Deck, 'n the Pegasus Draw better for a Light Deck.

For the ultimate draw decks (as there are very much more than just these, especially with different cards comin out in future sets that will be the straw that break the draw camel's back), the solution of erratin the draw card wouldn't fix the problem. Why, then, would we make a rulin that would fix a problem that we saw to fix before (as in, Mr. Dawn's rulin that Wishin Lamp 'n Pegasus both draw when there's the home world icon of said draw potential. Originally, Wishin Lamp would only draw for the world card, as well as Pegasus, accordin to the 'quotes'.)? It wouldn't make any sense whatsoever. Erratin Wishin Lamp or Pegasus isn't the solution to this, 'n I will argue this point fast 'n hard. Dark Decks need the draw potential, badly.

Where I believe the rulin should go on how to fix the ultimate draw deck, is how the japanese originally play'd out their event cards: once per turn only. That massively breaks down the draw decks original concept, forcin you to figure out a way around life loss (as I have found a potential way 'n am fixin to finish makin here shortly ['n coincidentally, could have to errate this new idea as well...]). Does this make a player have to figure out new ideas? Yep. Does it make the draw engine broken? Nope. One event per turn makes the event card a dead draw card after it's play'd out.

Yeah, in a timed match, the draw deck knows no bounds, as HP gain is vastly broken then. But the way to counter it would be to make a deck that runs through worlds, 'n limit a player X amount of time per turn (which stacks against the infinite draw, makin it how fast can you go?). These few standards would be good to hold together in a tournament match as well, since it would cause a player to be stuck under different boundaries than what they've though out. One event per turn? Say 3-5 mins max to play your turn? That would cause a draw deck to stop really quickly.

Now, I'll agree that in an untimed, non-tournament game, or even playtestin, an ultimate draw deck is virtually unstoppable. Painful, even, as you play/draw/play/draw/play/draw/play/draw/play/cramp/etc.. The first few times I play'd mine, my friend left the room to get food. I was still playin out my turn when he came back in minutes later. It gets tedious. It gets dull. It makes the game no fun. I agree on this wholeheartedly.

Alright, as for my previous post, keep in mind all I said above. I forgot to mention the above before, 'n will reflect back on it (as it should be play'd).

Equipment hate: Every deck that plays out equipment has the chance to lose said equipment. Under the limited time rulin, you wouldn't be playin forever, 'n would prolly be tryin to draw into another one by next turn. 'N with events bein once a turn, there is no turn two win (yet). Even my turn one win, I thought was cheap, 'n sought out to fix the problem. We just came to different solutions.

Agrabah Friends: This is nothin against you, as I see a bunch of similar friends cumbersome. Eventually, you'll draw into (yes, you've playtested it, as I have before. Kept runnin into all friends, no equipment) your equipment card, but why take chances? There are other cards that allow you to draw, whether top of deck, or from deck (yes, Turner. I see you've got him. Kudos, certainly, but keep lookin. There are others). Also note: I've found that Pegusas is quite a bit better, in my opinion. He gets to draw a card for every OC put into play, whether on your side or mine. Wishin Lamp only does it when you play it, makin my draw engine a lil bit stronger ('n with people playin Cerberus, Hydra, 'n Aurons, I keep drawin).

Herc/Bambi: Ah, an understandin error: I didn't replace Hercs for Bambis. I made my Hercs draw out like Bambis. Meanin instead of one card draw, they became two cards draw potential, makin 9 cards able to draw out 18, resultin in a quicker, more fluid draw potential.

Neg deck: I usually see any card that doesn't draw out a card near useless, which causes me to have to use only one of them. With Monstro out, it causes me to keep them on the field as much as possible. Without Monstro, well, they're playable, makin my deck thinner. Worlds are a deck thinner as well. Valor/Wisdom are deck thinners. Equipment are deck thinners. Fairy Godmother 'n Chip 'n Dale are deck thinners. Yes, I know you have some of these, but think bout cards you don't need to draw anymore. How many more cards can you play once only, resultin in your deck bein thinner? No more discard pile, no more deck. All cards in hand, or on the field. I know, 'n can see that you've thought this through. But how many cards have you in your discard 'n deck while cyclin through? By my count 'n test, it's usually one-for-one.

Also note: Tidus is amazin with the King. Tidus your King, cycle him back in, draw out whatever, Tidus him again. Eventually, the King becomes near worthless, as you've nothin left to draw out. Just FYI.

All in all, I'm not sayin your deck is bad. It certainly would be entertainin to see an ultimate draw versus an ultimate draw. Keep up the good gameplay, 'n keep shufflin, aye?

well, choitz, I think we may have to agree to disagree. I understand what you're saying but I'm just not seeing how the methods you're describing are better. I guess I'd say, put your money where your mouth is and post the deck that's better than this. I mean if I'd come on here saying "I've got this deck, wins turn 2 most of the time, but I'm not gonna tell you about it" I would expect to be written off. I, right here, am offering proof, both in my playtesting results and the fact that anyone can build this deck and play it for themselves.

For the sake of arguement though, lets say you have a better version. I didn't try and really fine tune this deck (not that there's a lot you can do) because at the point I was winning that fast that often I figured that alone stood to unbalance the game and needed to be fixed. Regardless, if we ignore the how of it and just recognize that there is a problem, how do you fix it? I said before (in the errata thread) that making event 1 a once per turn wouldn't fix it. Sure that would stop that as a win condition, but again, the point I made was you could just use the draw engine to gain infinite life and then set up a sick board position, every turn. Putting on a time limit on turns is a bad idea because A) it punishes bad players who might just be slow and it punishes good players who want to really think about their moves B) I guarentee that in 3 minutes I can cycle through my deck at least twice. That means I'm gaining 2 life every turn and dealing 2 damage every turn, you're telling me that's not enough to win the game? (I realize that if they were tink spamming or something, it wouldn't be enough). I really just don't understand how any of that is better than making wishing lamp/pegasus once per turn (or even 5 times per turn for that matter, thats just much more awkward). You seem to be hinting that there's some sort of other also broken draw engine out there, I don't see it (though in fairness that doesn't mean much), so again, put your money where your mouth is. Thanks for the great comments btw, I wasn't expecting to get into an intellectually stimulating conversation : D

This deck definitely works.

the only suggestion i could see adding to it, is to somehow fit in 1 kairi + selphie. testing would need to be done to see if it would hurt or help overall.

Banning monstro might be effective in solving the problem of slowing it down, as you would lose the tink and one bambi and some friends. Tho it might not completely stop the deck's dominance over other deck ideas, if you are still able to conistently shuffle through your deck ateast 4-5 times in one turn.

you could also ban or errata the event card so that its effect can happen only once per turn. But all this wont necessarily stop you from getting infinite hp on turn one or 2.

I can also see a pegasus variant of the same idea working as well tho maybe like some small percent less consistent overall because of the genie .

At the same time im happy that finally theres atleast one type of exploitative deck out there, as this game is dead and some fun is in order.

Its funny also because me and my friends reached a point in looking at the different deck types at how paper rock scissors the game can be and at some points a simple coin flip to who goes first means win or lose.

Shades said:

Banning monstro

Yes. Let's take away the one thing making Dark decks bad!

I only have one thing to say.

This is why the designers and makers of this game, and any other game for that matter, know what they are doing and we, as players, should never be allowed to change rules according to how we believe they SHOULD work...You've shown me that I was wrong to go against the original designer's ruling...I will discuss this with Troth and the others and we will probably change it back to the original ruling in the rulebook:

"Page 5: When a card is referred to by name, quotation marks are used around the card name. For example, a card may discard an "Aladdin" card.........

.............Home Worlds are the world affiliations that some cards have above their card names. When a type of card is referred to by its Home World, the Home World reference is in Bold Italics . For example, a card may discard an Agrabah Friend Card."

...I was clearly a fool sir...

haha, I don't know if I would say you were a fool. I mean if you ignore the power level discussion, it makes sense they would be "agrabah cards" I mean besides the fact that it's not just a symbol, it says agrabah, come on, you're telling me aladdin isn't an agrabah card? If it wouldn't completely unbalance the game I would almost make the argument that past cards that were clearly an X type of card but didn't have a symbol would be considered whatever type they clearly were. I will say though, I wasn't actually aware that had ever been ruled and it does make more sense to just reverse that than to actually alter the text of wishing lamp/pegasus, even if changing the text would make the card semi-usable in a theme deck.

You weren't a fool. If they worked as we were told, they would be nigh unplayable. This way they break the game. Highjack came up with an appropriate errata that makes them decent and not broken.

Also, why Pegasus is worse: you need to have a card in play to play him. That does it, flat out.

so wait does it work like that if so then use these changes

this has potential but it needs changes this deck has way to many dead draws and there is a waay to turn all agrabuh friends into bambi and mke jasmine vaubile.

so lets start off buy taking out all the bad caards and dead draws in my opion

-1 jasmine the jasmine are to be the aladdin searching jasimne and only 2

-1 cid

-1 tink wi will explain

-1 tidus

-1 Simba

-3 Moogle

-3 Iago

-11 total

Okay now this is all good and well now lets make these good draws first i will start by adding 3 sallys and 3 pinocchio this will reval your opponets deck and give them no stragtys you dont know about next we add goofy 4 bod edition this pull out valor form next we add Valor Form this lets you add that other Wishing Lamp lets you draw two cards for every agurba to come into play two more genie 1 make aladdin 2 woth some value then change the jasmine to the level 0 version it still gives you a card now you can get aladdin for genie and its more useful

so:

+2 genie

+3 sally

+3 pinocchio

+1 goofy 4 bod

+1 valor form

+1 stopra

ummm... i forgot stopra 5 it helps get rid of monstro and gives you a full hand kinda like a restart for this deck so add oe of those two

B1ack said:

this has potential

That's like saying Science has a religious backing. It's stupid. This deck doesn't have potential, it IS the pontentium.

B1ack said:

so wait does it work like that if so then use these changes

this has potential but it needs changes this deck has way to many dead draws and there is a waay to turn all agrabuh friends into bambi and mke jasmine vaubile.

so lets start off buy taking out all the bad caards and dead draws in my opion

-1 jasmine the jasmine are to be the aladdin searching jasimne and only 2

-1 cid

-1 tink wi will explain

-1 tidus

-1 Simba

-3 Moogle

-3 Iago

-11 total

Okay now this is all good and well now lets make these good draws first i will start by adding 3 sallys and 3 pinocchio this will reval your opponets deck and give them no stragtys you dont know about next we add goofy 4 bod edition this pull out valor form next we add Valor Form this lets you add that other Wishing Lamp lets you draw two cards for every agurba to come into play two more genie 1 make aladdin 2 woth some value then change the jasmine to the level 0 version it still gives you a card now you can get aladdin for genie and its more useful

so:

+2 genie

+3 sally

+3 pinocchio

+1 goofy 4 bod

+1 valor form

+1 stopra

ummm... i forgot stopra 5 it helps get rid of monstro and gives you a full hand kinda like a restart for this deck so add oe of those two

it doesn't need it. It goes through the deck as fast as humanly possible and the goal is to keep getting event 1 and auto kill your opponent.

B1ack said:

-1 cid

I wanted to stop listening at you suggesting he switch Jasmine for a worse version of her. I stopped listening here. The only decks that should not be running Cid are Dark Decks and Roxas, because they can't.

Mr. Dawn, you know as well as I do that you are not a fool. You were takin several different cards that were oddly translated, 'n makin a rulin bout them.

Did your rulin make more sense? Certainly. Does that mean the original game designers meant differently? We don't know, 'n we won't know. No one can find a good site that holds the original japanese rulebook ('n in the one I found, home world icons aren't described), so we can't check the original source. 'N we don't have the original cards either, which makes direct translation of the card text nearly impossible (although, a site I found confirms what I believe, which could possibly support your rulin).

All I know is that I don't believe the original makers of the game would make several really useless cards. Yes, they made some really broken cards, which were banned in Japan. We snatched them up 'n changed them around here. Now we have a few more potentially highly useful cards that (surprise, surprise) are worded oddly. 'N we know the japanese language neither have bold italics or quotes. They have the funky 'L' "upsidedown L" quotes. Do they mean bold italics, or quotes? Honestly, I'd think they mean both. We just have a rather weird system that tries to put everythin under a 'set category' to appeal to the mass, despite our understandin of Japan's culture.

Would it make more sense to read through the actual cards 'n rulebook from Japan? Undoubtedly. But I don't see that happenin anytime soon. So, we have to fill in the gaps of the gameplay, as the player usually does. Does it make you a fool for makin a rulin? Nope. Not one bit.

Choitz said:

All I know is that I don't believe the original makers of the game would make several really useless cards.

What? You're kidding me right. That statement implies that they, in no other situations, made really useless cards. A card that said draw a card every time you play an agrabah world (which, you could make all your worlds in a world racer agrabah) wouldn't be entirely useless. At the very least it would have more use than halloween town sora (poster boy for useless cards). In every card game, every. sing. card. game. They make useless cards, you just can't make a set of all playable cards, not gonna happen.