State of the Game?

By Sol Badguy, in UFS General Discussion

Any word on when one will be up?

Sol Badguy said:

Any word on when one will be up?

When it will happen. this is when it will be up. lawl :P

We made it till the 4th of the month before someone asked this question this month! Last month I think it only lasted till the 2nd or 3rd.

Considering that there have been major changes to the game since the last one, or so I heard, it would make sense for there to be one now.

SunJian said:

Considering that there have been major changes to the game since the last one, or so I heard, it would make sense for there to be one now.

The last one included the info about the rotation (it was posted in the middle of August).

There never has been and probably never will be any kind of schedule on when the SotG come outs. Sometimes it's posted right away, sometimes in the middle of the month, sometime it's on a Friday, sometimes on Monday, I think there may have even been a few times where we never even got one, and sometimes there isn't any new info it's just a kind of "yup nothing new this month, but we're still here". We don't know when it will be posted till it's posted or Steve says when it will be posted. Yet every month someone asks "when will the SotG be up".

I know James is in New York right now, so it they wont have their meeting until next week most likely.

jasco games said:

I know James is in New York right now, so it they wont have their meeting until next week most likely.

Middle of next week is my bet for the meeting, and either next Friday or Monday after next for the SotG proper. IF SotG there is.

Whenever you send me my cards from our trade.

I eagerly await our new banned list *trolls trolls*

Seriously, I'm awaiting the official response about the Pro Tour Circuit, and about do we get a new set after SCIV? Or is it dual-set + starters time, and when?

August, you say? Was it part of the July SotG or a completely separate topic? I have to admit to not reading the whole July SotG thread. lengua.gif

MarcoPulleaux said:

I eagerly await our new banned list *trolls trolls*

Seriously, I'm awaiting the official response about the Pro Tour Circuit, and about do we get a new set after SCIV? Or is it dual-set + starters time, and when?

http://app.fantasyflightgames.com/ufs-banned-errata.html

Just Doin' Work said:

Whenever you send me my cards from our trade.

Have you spent all your trades out?

JDub said:

We made it till the 4th of the month before someone asked this question this month! Last month I think it only lasted till the 2nd or 3rd.

guitalex2008 said:

JDub said:

To the 2nd if I remember correctly. Which made me LOL because I knew we would be ignored in favor of Gencon.

That's like saying "Steve Horvath is an employee of Fantasy Flight Games."

Not only is it obvious that it is the case, it's not exactly worth mentioning.

guitalex2008 said:

JDub said:

To the 2nd if I remember correctly. Which made me LOL because I knew we would be ignored in favor of Gencon.

And still no one realizes that I did that to point out how stupid it is for people to expect them up as soon as the month begins -_-

Well is it ok to be asking when it will come out now? It's the later half of the month and no one has even given us an estimate of when this will be out...So any word on this?

I don't know about you, my fellow Guilty Gear fan, but I'm ready for some spoilers!

Sol Badguy said:

Well is it ok to be asking when it will come out now? It's the later half of the month and no one has even given us an estimate of when this will be out...So any word on this?

They mentioned SCIV would be out in October. I'm assuming this will be in the SOTG. Along with what new promos there are for next month.

At this rate I imagine there will not be a STOG.

Bloodrunstrue said:

maybe not they could put it out on the first and make it for october as well

they probably just dont have anything to say about it the game right now other then about the next set and thats in october so its only right that they talk about it next month

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

Bloodrunstrue said:

they probably just dont have anything to say about it the game right now other then about the next set and thats in october so its only right that they talk about it next month

I don't suspect we'll see Soul Calibur before November. Most of the world got Tekken at the beginning of September (Last week of August - Close enough?)

Putting it out in November would be barely two full months that Tekken is out before dropping the next set. October would be too soon.

In the august sotg it was announced Oct was the release month for sciv. Either way I'm liking what tekken has added to the game so I can wait another month. The most common complaint around my area is "dude ive got too many f'n ideas for decks to play." Everyone is showing up with either a new char every week or the same char with a different symbol. So far, we have found out fire needs no more support (lol), all is vastly underrated on these boards, life is beastly and evil better be all over set 15.

Antigoth said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

Bloodrunstrue said:

I don't suspect we'll see Soul Calibur before November. Most of the world got Tekken at the beginning of September (Last week of August - Close enough?)

Putting it out in November would be barely two full months that Tekken is out before dropping the next set. October would be too soon.

Then again, November would pretty much seal the deal as far as 3 sets this year is concerned.

Honestly, I don't know which I prefer, two quick releases (October/December) or one release (November) with another one at the beginning of the next year.

Homme Chapeau said:

Then again, November would pretty much seal the deal as far as 3 sets this year is concerned.

Honestly, I don't know which I prefer, two quick releases (October/December) or one release (November) with another one at the beginning of the next year.

[All of the following is my own personal opinion]

Honestly - I'd prefer the one release in November. Sure it would mean "Only" 3 releases in the year. (4 if you're like us, and didn't get Set 11 until January)

Something that I've been seeing far too much over the last year is that people tend to aquire very little of the sets. I'm hoping with the slower releases, and that there is only "one" set out right now, that people will be more inclined to collect more of that set, or actually collect the entire set, rather then just pick up 10 or 20 cards from the set. <I miss Raw Deal where players tended to collect most of the cards from the sets, as opposed to a small handful.>

At which point, because people have these cards, and there is "so many idea" as others have said - people explore the game more.

With people exploring the game more, the meta, and the game itself grows.

That's my dream, and I'm sticking to it.