2-Players

By David Spangler, in Chaos in the Old World

Any thoughts about doing this one 2-player, perhaps using the opposing pairs mentioned in the Designer's Notes? Each player playing two gods each, one of each of the two opposing pairs?

It's hard around here to find three players at one time, much less four. One reason I hate to see FFG producing more and more three and four player games and fewer two player ones.

The consensus here seems to be that 2 player as written doesn't work because the powers don't interact with each other. And you definitely want to pick an opposing power pair (Khorne vs Slaanesh or Nurgle vs Tzeentch).

So, your options are:

1) Have each player control two Gods. Again, advice about opposing power pairs applies

2) Shrink the board by removing 2 or 3 of the smaller regions and increase the number of cards you put in the old world deck

3) Have a third God that acts randomly (not my favourite option)

Those are variants you could try. I'm lucky in that I have enough people around for this to not be an issue.

Hope that helps

Thanks. Very helpful. I think option 1 may be our best bet: one alliance of gods against another.

There's a good thread testing and evaluating possible 2-player variants on BGG. Please see: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/433907