Official Answers from FFG

By ColtsFan76, in Chaos in the Old World

Errata
Q) Which is the correct text for Dial Advancement Conditions for Khorne and Slaanesh? The rulebook or the player sheet? Do they need 1+ conditions met or 2+ in a region?
A) +2 is the correct number.

Chaos Cards
Q) Can Khorne play Blood Frenzy to a region where there normally wouldn't be a battle in order to force a battle? And if so, does Slaanesh's Fields of Ecstasy cancel Blood Frenzy?
A) Blood Frenzy can be played anywhere, regardless of whether or not there is a unit. If you want to play it somewhere where there are no units or peasants, sure. Fields of Ecstacy clearly states that it stops units from rolling dice. It does not stop anything else, like Blood Frenzy.

Q) Just quick confirmation, Tzeentch's Drain Power only gives him +1 Power TOTAL, not +1 Power EACH Chaos that he drains, correct?
A) Tzeentch gains 1 point of power, not one point per opponent drained.

5. Corruption Phase
Q) When you Ruin a region, players who contribute Corruption tokens this step get the bonus points. However, the rules clearly state that it goes to those players who contribute it during the "Corruption Step." With Nurgle's Great Unclean One upgrade and Slaanesh's Perverse Infiltration chaos card, Corruption is placed during the Summoning phase. So do these corruption tokens count as having ruined the region this round?
A) No, they do not count.

Q) Can a Region's Resistance go to zero (or below) with enough Skaven tokens? In the case of a 0-resistance region, then only 1 follower or a 1-cost card Dominates it, correct? If a region goes to less than 0, then can a 0-cost card Dominate it with no other figures?
A) Resistance can go to 0, but not below zero.

6. End Phase
Q) When you resolve Hero Tokens, does the Hero also get removed from the board along with the figure of the greatest threat?
A) Hero tokens remain on the board even after taking out a unit.

Miscellaneous
Q) Why 12 spaces on the Power Point Track if 9 appears to be the most you can get at any given time?
Q) Variants: Are we going to get a 2-player variant some day?
Q) Expansions: Are we going to get some?
A) The other answers you seek remain for the future to resolve...

I think it's been asked before, but I want to ask again as this seems the appropriate thread:

Which is the correct text for Dial Advancement Conditions for Khorne and Slaanesh? The rulebook or the player sheet? Do they need 1+ conditions met (dead model or corruption on a hero/noble) or 2+ in a region?

Khorne needs to kill 2+ models to get a token. Slaanesh needs to place 2+ corruption tokens in one region to gain a token.

From FFG...

+2 is the correct number.

2+ corruption markers in one location with a noble? Or having a noble there not matter anymore?

bricksmarlen said:

2+ corruption markers in one location with a noble? Or having a noble there not matter anymore?

With a noble in the region, yes. Note Slaanesh has the shortest track, so the condition needs to be a little harsh

bricksmarlen said:

The only change is that he should go from "place one or more..." to "place two or more corruption tokens in a region with a Noble token or Hero token."

This might definitely explain why Slaanesh has won 100% of our games so far :) . Should give the other powers a chance now...

Quick question. I'm pretty sure I understood the rules in a correct way, but I just want to clarify:

For Khorne, do peasant tokens count as an "enemy figure"?

Thanks in advance

TheDarkSun said:

Quick question. I'm pretty sure I understood the rules in a correct way, but I just want to clarify:

Thanks in advance

Not sure we really need an official answer Rules are pretty clear in the definitions:

figure: See “follower.”

follower: A sculpted plastic playing piece of any of the three types.

A peasant token is neither one tf the three types of followers nor a sculpted piece of plastic so it does not satisfy Khorne's dial advancement.

This is what I thought. Thank you for a quick answer.

Ok, I looked through the book and nowhere did I see the Threat conditions in the rulebook listed. I saw that Khorne and Slaanesh where shown in an example in the book. In that example, they say that Khorne needs 2+ kills in a region and Slaanesh needs two corruption tokens in any region. Nowhere does it mention needing nobles outside o te sheet.

This screems that somewhere along the lines, these things where changed once or twice through testing. I have no idea which is going to be the correct one. It keps mentioning how easy Slaanesh's threat advancement is, but at 2+ with a noble, it doesn't seem so easy to do anymore. I also don't see anything, anywhere which would even suggest this as an advancement condition at all. From what I see, its either 1+ with a noble, or 2+ anywhere. Which is it going to be?

Currently, at my store,I'm teaching people by the cards because anything else just seems like guesswork at the moment from several different voices not communicating with one another.

I agree that FFG screwed this one up Royally.

Slaanesh seems to have three different ways getting his dial advancement counters. and they are all REALLY big changes to the game. not some minor details either.

Still, i played the game yesterday with what i guess will be the new errata ( +2 corruption + noble for slaanesh & +2 kills for Khorne), and slaanesh stands a VERY good fighting chance still. Im much more worried about Khorne to be honest . Im really keen on seeing an official FAQ for this game because right now we are all playing a different game of Chaos in the Old World.

thanks

TheDarkSun said:

Thanks in advance

Peasants are available targets for battles. You can kill them and they count for Khornes dial advancement just like followers of the other gods. When you kill a peasant you keep it because a certain old world card gives out VP for each peasant killed.

I got the 2+ conditions from the pdf rules, which I read before I got the game. I'm pretty disappointed to see such a typo on the summary sheet, but it's definitely 2+ for khorne (kill 2 or more enemy models in one region, including peasants) and slaanesh (place 2+ corruption tokens in a region with a hero or noble).

I played my first game yesterday. It seemed that the old world was going to win until 3 regions fell into ruin on turn 6. The Nurgle player ended up with 60+ VP *and* he advanced his dial to the "Victory" section. For my part, Tzeentch was only one turn away from winning on turn 6. Guess I should've paid more attention to Nurgle and less to the Khorne player. He did a pretty good job of keeping me from wining by killing my cultists I needed for the dial advancement. By the way, our Khorne and Slaanesh players started out slow. They didn't get dial advancements until turn 3, but then they got the hang of it.

If you think Slaanesh has an easy go at winning, just kill his/her cultists. Or play a card that prevents corruption tokens from being placed (Khorne). Or play the Tzeentch card that says one cultist from each other god in a region does not contribute corruption tokens. If you are Nurgle, play the card that lowers enemies defense by 1 to make killing cultists easier (upgraded slaanesh cultists have 2 defense).

Some confusion

Slaanesh

Card: +1 corruption in a province with a noble

Rulebook: +2 corruption in ANY province

Errata option A: +2 corrution in a province with a noble?

Errata option B: +2 corruption in ANY province (as in rulebook)

Khorne

Card: +1 kill of enemy figure a region

Rulebook: +2 kill of enemy figure a region

Errata option A: +2 kill of enemy figures a region (per rulebook)

Errata option B: +2 kill of enemy figures a region, Khorne counts peasants as enemy figures (i havent actually found this one in the rulebook, but in response to you post above, and i really like this idea)

Noisy_Marine said:

Peasants are available targets for battles. You can kill them and they count for Khornes dial advancement just like followers of the other gods. When you kill a peasant you keep it because a certain old world card gives out VP for each peasant killed.turn 6.

Peasants are available as targets. They do NOT count toward Khorne's Dial advancement.

His requirement:

Place a counter on your dial each time you kill [two] or more enemy figures in the same region in the same phase.

According to the rules:

figure: See “follower.”
follower: A sculpted plastic playing piece of any of the three types.

A peasant is not a sculpted figure and it is not a unit of one of the 3 types (cultists, warrior, greater daemon). So it does not satisfy Khorne's dial advancement trigger.

timeLESS said:

Slaanesh

Errata option A: +2 corrution in a province with a noble and/or hero

Khorne

Errata option A: +2 kill of enemy figures a region (per rulebook)

The above should be the correct interpretation

Not trying to be difficult, but why do you think so?

Nothing in my rulebook even hints at the Slaanesh threat being by 2+ in a region with a noble. I have 1 with a noble and 2+ in any region.

SideshowLucifer said:

Not trying to be difficult, but why do you think so?

Nothing in my rulebook even hints at the Slaanesh threat being by 2+ in a region with a noble. I have 1 with a noble and 2+ in any region.

Do you have an actual copy of the game? The Power Sheet clearly states this:

Place a counter on your dial each time you place one or more corruption tokens in a region with a Noble token or Hero token.

So based on that is what was published, and the answer that came back was "+2 is the correct number" then you should only substitute the "two" where the "one" is now and get this as the final errata:

Place a counter on your dial each time you place two or more corruption tokens in a region with a Noble token or Hero token.

Ofcourse the FFG employee could've meant "use the +2 advancement found in the rulebook" and just wrote you a sloppy reply.

I guess we will find out soon enough. Anyway, i've already one once with Slaanesh using the +2 in region with noble/hero condition so using that one isnt breaking anything in the case that we have it wrong.

timeLESS said:

Ofcourse the FFG employee could've meant "use the +2 advancement found in the rulebook" and just wrote you a sloppy reply.

It is possible that is what they meant. Unfortuantely, I didn't realize teh rule book was a "double error" from the printed sheet. I didn't know at the time that they had also dropped the noble/hero in teh example. Otherwise, I would have been more specific with the question or followed up right away on the answer.

I just can't imagine with a game that is so full of theme and rewarding you for playing in character, that they would remove Slaanesh's "flavor" of going after the elite of the country side. It seems more likely to me that the +2 generic corruption was the original requirements of the dial advancment and it wasn't updated when they started specializing the dials.

Controling the nobes is stil great for the VP and domination. It jst feels like making it +2 for Khorne and +2 and a noble for Slaanesh makes Tzeetch have a strong case with a warstone that can be moved and a magic card for a click. It doesn't balance the game so much as redirect the dominate forces.

I realy want to get an official FAQ on thissince I honestly have no idea which way is going to be the correct way of playing.

I'm especialy interested in if their intent for peasent tokens are to be counted for Khorne or not (I'm leaning towards no since thats a huge boon) and what the purpose of the Slaanesh corruption token card is aside from a 0 cost pass action that causes corruption.

This is what I have found Slaanesh's 0-cost Perverse Inflitration useful for:

1. As you mentioned, stalling
  2. Snagging 2nd place on a Region that is going to be ruined that has been ignored by all the other players
  3. Causing a Region to be ruined when whoever was working it was hoping for another round of Domination points (because you placed what would be the 12th after the corruption step)
  4. My newest discovery: Place it in a region that currently only has 2 corruption during the summoning phase. Now you have 3 corruption tokens. Then play Degenerate Royalty in the same region (if there is card space). This now makes it a free card (so another round of stalling) and all of a sudden you just padded your Domination value by 3, possibly getting Dominance in one of the outlaying cheap regions.

Great call on the ways to play that Slaanesh card.

As for the 2+ issue, I definately think it includes a noble on the space. That way all the gods that rely on corruption tokens have to generate two points of corruption and meet a condition. So that levels the field. It may seem a tad harder for Slaanesh since there are only 2 nobles, but remember they have the shortest distance to cover before winning via threat.

As for the peasant tokens, I opt for a big "NO" on them counting, especially since they don't count as figures, just tokens. By the definition they shouldn't count for Khorne. Has has to do a little bit of work to hunt down targets for this dial condition.

So far we've played 5 games (with the updates and correct rules) and it's gone Slaanesh, Slaanesh, Nurgle, Tzeentch, and Slaanesh victories.

I've been playing the game with 2+ for Slaanesh in a region with a noble or hero token and it plays really well. Also have been playing 2+ kills for Khorne in a region. According to the Warhammer mythology Khorne wouldn't care if it's enemy or peasant as long as he kills something - he's happy, so that is the way I've been playing the game, and it plays really well too.