Something I miss from the Yu-Gi-Oh days...

By Admiral Ren, in UFS Off Topic

People (especially Full grown adults) believing in the heart of the cards and acting like they where in the anime. it was like infinite overflowing river of lulz.

in all, Share your gaming lulz.

Sexican Mensation.

Oh man when I ran my store we use to have this little kid come in to play Yu-Gi-oh. First off he had no clue how to really play so one of the older guys would duel with him and just take it easy on him and try and teach him how to do things right when he was doing things wrong and that. But he would act just like he was in the TV show (I've never seen it but everyone else told me). He would yell and stuff too "I WILL NOT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE!!!!!!!!!!". I don't like to make fun of little kids but it was funny as hell.

After awhile he started coming in with this big ass old suitcase which he kept his deck in (so it was is over sized deck box that he could barly even carry) then after he would struggle to even get the thing on the table he would open it up and take his deck out and play. But the best part was half of his deck was unsleeved then the other half was sleeved in differant color sleeves and some were just in top loaders. So his hand would be like green sleeve, no sleeve, blue sleeve, top loader, no sleeve.

I judge Yu-gi-oh at my store, so I get to see it pretty often. It gets kind of old after a while.

The kids do try to come in with different sleeves for their deck and whatnot, but I guess for the most part they're pretty toned down.

Maybe it has to do something with the new series not being as dramatic? Who knows.

YOU'VE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD............SHADOW EXIT! best joke from gencon 2009, real talk.

Scott Gaines said:

YOU'VE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD............SHADOW EXIT! best joke from gencon 2009, real talk.

...I never understood that joke =/

I miss the days of using Card of Sanctity. That was the ultimate trolling technique, and I pissed off an entire community of gamers for years to come just by using that card in competative play.

Yep...=)

We just got one of those kids at the store I play at, and it made my day. He learned to play from watching the show, and the things he said had me and my friend trying -and failing- to not laugh. As his first move of one game he slapped down some lv6 fusion monster from his hand, claiming that his deck was a "high level summoning/fusion deck" and that somehow made that play legal.