Attack Card Distribution (range and card number)

By bioball, in Cosmic Encounter

Is it possible for the Cosmic gods to bestow apon us the attack card value range and card number for each value? I did not see this in the rule book, but perhapes I have over looked something. I am curious to see how the Tripler will stack up to the Virus and what happens to the Anti-matter (assuming the latter two are in the set).

Well, various alien previews (including Tripler) have mentioned the 40. So I would expect a smilar (if not identical) card distribution to CE Online: one 40, one 30, one 23, two 20s, one 18, two 15s, two 14s, one 13, four 12s, six 10s, eight 8s, eight 6s, two 4s, one -1, one -4, and 11 N's.

I seem to recall a designer's comment on Board Game Geek that the lowest would be 1, but I could have imagined this... or it could have changed between then (not long after the announcement of the game) and now. That's not really helpful, I know, but who can say no to a bit of rumor and hearsay?

If it hasn't been posted by the time I get a copy, I will be happy to do so. I can tell you it's pretty comparable to the basic CE sets we've seen in the past (not counting the Mayfair set).

I don't have the exact mix at hand, but the range is 0 to 40, and the average value is 10 for most aliens, 15 for the Tripler when using his power.

Any particular reason you dropped the negative numbers? I guess you are not really losing too much and a negative attack really does not make a lot of sense.

Thanks for the reply Kevin, hopefully my copy will hurry up and get here.

They have to save something for expansions. We may see negatives yet.

Adam said:

They have to save something for expansions. We may see negatives yet.

That is certainly a possibility, especially since there are no Kickers in the base set. Kickers could conceivably appear in an expansion, and that would make negative Attack cards more feasible.