5 player game?

By player295707, in Middle-earth Quest

Hi there

Considering that there are 4 heroes, and the number of turns the Sauron player takes scales with the total amount of players, is there any reason that this game shouldnt work with 5 players? Its a bit of a mystery to me why it is a 2-4 player game, and not 2-5. I realize that some of the hero missions might get a bit easy with 5 players, but those quests where quite easy with just 4 players.

Any thoughts on this, or has anyone tried with 5 players?

/A

I dont see why not. Sauron should recieve 4 actions per turn though :P

I'm wondering if the decision to go with 1 vs. 3 was a balnce issue...or just a way to open up a mini-expansion for the 4th Hero...

Knowing FFG...what do you all think? ;P

Still, love their games; favorite publisher...

4 actions is not enough for sauron.

You must also know that he benefits from the fact that heroes must travel to his plot locations, but with more players, then can cover more land.

Sauron can play one card per player turn, in 2 heroes game, he can play both he drew on one action, with 3 heroes, he dont have one, with 4 players its even worse. Remember that he has the same actions with any number of players, but heroes, when there are more of them can undo them easier.

Worst in more heroes play are influence tokens, its very hard to have continuos line with extra heroes...

With all this in mind, you can come up with some rules modifications but i think it wouldnt be that balanced as it is designed and tested now.