Awright, Texas players. Step it the fsck up.THEY'RE BEATING US

By MegaGeese, in UFS Fan Announcements

Okay, Jasco put the entire Pro Tour concept and everything together, right? How in the HELL are we going to let there NOT be a PT stop somewhere here in the state? Seriously.

We need to make this happen, dood-and-doodette-skies.

Holler back, etc.

I agree. More tourneys in Tejas please.

Last I saw Jasco said Texas will get one and it shoud be in Dallas or Austin...whoever can provide the best venue. What options do you guys have for venue? Lonstar might get a little ccramped. My vote would be for DFW Area.

We've a lack of venues large enough. That Lone Star we were at was the biggest one in the area. I suppose if we made it clear that we were taking over on Saturday (read: no YGO players) it wouldn't have been so bad? =/

Also, hadn't there an earlier post from the Abilene guys about them looking to have a regional in October? Any news on that?

I know there will be a Texas stop for a fact as Jason said that *would* be one of the stops and that he stated he wanted to judge it.

MegaGeese said:

We've a lack of venues large enough. That Lone Star we were at was the biggest one in the area. I suppose if we made it clear that we were taking over on Saturday (read: no YGO players) it wouldn't have been so bad? =/

Yeah... later in the day was much better without the YGO Peeps. Until you mentioned that I had forgotten about YGO being there.

saikyo_crusher said:

Also, hadn't there an earlier post from the Abilene guys about them looking to have a regional in October? Any news on that?

We have put in a request with FFG to run a regional the first weekend in October. As of Saturday the store owner told me he still has not heard word one from FFG and has sent several emails.

Hey guys, Just making sure you have checked out the new Myspace page on the UFS PTC events. If possible I need 4 months in advance before we can hold an event, as it requires alot of planning to get the prize support and events organized.

http://profileedit.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=pageeditor.profile

If that doesn't work, search Universal Fighting System Pro Tour Circuit.

I look forward to someone finding a venue in Texas and us getting this set up!

Well, the store that the Austin playgroup plays at is HUGE. Only problem is that it's filled with Warhammer goons...

If we could get them to have a day for just a UFS regional, it would be AWESOME.

Also, another option is there's a store called Comic Book Craze in Richardson that has plenty of room, but they are most definitely a Yu-gi-oh store. It might be a little difficult for everyone to find too, but the management there is great, and it's a pretty nice store.

Aha! You hear that Jason? GOOOOOOOOOOOOONS!!!!

Uh thats true but im pretty sure there are other stores/hotels/centres in austin that can accomodate us and worst case we all just go chill at UT and play there XD

Pretty sure the El Paso crew(at least 5-6 of us) would be down for a pro tour tourny in TX.

Okay, so Austin has been put forth as a potential location - thoughts, questions, comments, other suggestions?

Or shouldst we put it to a vote or something?

I can call around and ask. The only thing i will have to know is A)Number of people, and B)Cost jasco wants to spend :(

RAGEBUMP

O, and we need to see if we can hold Double Dragon again! Cody must defend his honor, and Donovan, too!

lol. donovan and cody died in a rage of their own burning

I'm not sure how much negotiations has been going on for an Austin or even Texas based Pro Tour tournament. I haven't heard from Jason lately. UT is possible but its extremely hard to find parking and while HayamaChop and I can probably get us a room, it'll be difficult since we are not a real organization. I can try contacting Texas Gaming Association to help get us a room.

The best case scenerio is still playing at our local card shop. I'm almost certain they will accomodate us if we asked months in advance. So question to Jason is, what time are you thinking about hosting this Texas Pro Tournament so I or our scout can set up the appropriate details.

Also... I want to play Double Dragon again...and NOT mess up with time so horribly. I gotta defend my legacy statuses don't I? :)

I think we can actually rent a ballroom at the union! I need to check with them but i think its quite possible! I will check into this tommorow while i lunch there XD.

Sorry you all have not heard from me in a while. We have been looking into holding an event at UT we are just sorting out if it is feasable to get a hotel with a shuttle so we don't have to worry about parking.

The event will be in April 2010, but I'm not sure which week yet, since we are doing an event the last weekend of March in Rochester NY. As of now I would just assume it will be later April. As for Prize support, depending on how much we pay for a venue, the prize support will be either amazing or it will be not as amazing. The regionals kit will cost me $205 and the plane ticket to GenCon 2010 will be at most $400, unless we have out of country players comming to our event. So $605 before venue. Right now I want to charge $20 a player to cover these costs, but we will need to meet the minimum players of 30.

That having been said, Can I get a quick role call of everyone in Texas who will be comming to the event. I saw alot of you at our regionals and I personally think that was a fun event (minus the slapping incident). If we can not get 30 players, we may have to raise the entry to $25 a person. I already promised we will never go above $25 a person and it does include all 3 main events (singles standard, singles legacy, and teams standard). Also if any of you know players in New Mexico, Louisianna, Oklahoma, or anywhere else that's fairly close to Texas, please make them aware of this event, since it is the only central US Pro Tour event this season.

I'm looking forward to your role call,

Jason

At least 3 from Abilene will try and make it.

Okay, maybe not UT, but Austin none the less.

Maybe a presence from Atlanta. Not sure yet though