Whoa - Leaked SCIV Card Alert

By MegaGeese, in UFS General Discussion

Musashi1054 said:

So yeah, I heard that on a pretty cool site, that there were some "other" leaked cards.

*cough*Kisheri*cough*Kyoufu*cough*Marius Gaius*cough* White Crane*cough*

Awesome! A Roman with the inverse of my screen name:P (which is a real Roman general/Consol). I have to build him!!!!!

so i take it these cards are going to be in prize sometime soon?

Also god i love this characters they all look really interesting and could be built alot of different ways

i dont like the fact that kyoufu has fire though....can you say dragons flame for game......oh i negate your block try again on like 9 speed yeah good luck with that

Gotta say White Crane very sexy... She is very Anti-Big kill cards.

Kyofu definately going to see a fair bit of play. Solid stats/Symbol spread and his first ability is very key. Second looks kinda fun if your playing a reversal-ish deck.

Kisheri. I will definately play as soon as I can get one in my hands and she's legal. She makes me dream of dhalsim.

And Marius Gaius makes me want to go gladiator with some Beserker rages.

Morning Demon said:

Kyofu definately going to see a fair bit of play. Solid stats/Symbol spread and his first ability is very key. Second looks kinda fun if your playing a reversal-ish deck.

Kisheri. I will definately play as soon as I can get one in my hands and she's legal. She makes me dream of dhalsim.

Kyoufu is a girl >.>

I must make Kisheri. She looks like Enya from Jojo's Bizzare adventure.

Sol Badguy said:

Morning Demon said:

Kyoufu is a girl >.>

Arrayed for Battle - Woot, more Combo support
Bloodline Rebellion - YUS! Somewhat draw/tutor! Also, one of Order's only cards that doesn't have Fire!
Kisheri - As much as I would like her, Ancient Burial Ground completely shuts her character off (as does Rashotep and JJ, naturally), and anti-discard might make her existence somewhat more abysmal.
Kyoufu - Dear God...Akuma's back! Yeah,she's going to be amazing, especially off Fire. Sweet lord, amazing 6 hander.
Marius Gaius - *Yawn* Not a fan, really. His R can be handy to tutor actions, but his E right now...not caring too much =/
The Newcomers - Currently useless. Way to show favoritism towards Hilde. Hilde doesn't even need it! And control check modification, thank GOD, barely exists in the current format.
White Crane - Not the biggest fan. Pretty cool synergy with Master's Challenge and Warrior Poet, and her R is pretty cute (notice how it says keyWORDS, not keyword ABILITIES), definitely an interesting way to hax blocks.

All in all, Kyoufu is where it's at. Crane is pretty alright, but still, Kyoufu is red hot.

I've yet to see Ancient Burial Ground. Someone mind showing me what it is?

MarcoPulleaux said:

Arrayed for Battle - Woot, more Combo support
Bloodline Rebellion - YUS! Somewhat draw/tutor! Also, one of Order's only cards that doesn't have Fire!
Kisheri - As much as I would like her, Ancient Burial Ground completely shuts her character off (as does Rashotep and JJ, naturally), and anti-discard might make her existence somewhat more abysmal.
Kyoufu - Dear God...Akuma's back! Yeah,she's going to be amazing, especially off Fire. Sweet lord, amazing 6 hander.
Marius Gaius - *Yawn* Not a fan, really. His R can be handy to tutor actions, but his E right now...not caring too much =/
The Newcomers - Currently useless. Way to show favoritism towards Hilde. Hilde doesn't even need it! And control check modification, thank GOD, barely exists in the current format.
White Crane - Not the biggest fan. Pretty cool synergy with Master's Challenge and Warrior Poet, and her R is pretty cute (notice how it says keyWORDS, not keyword ABILITIES), definitely an interesting way to hax blocks.

All in all, Kyoufu is where it's at. Crane is pretty alright, but still, Kyoufu is red hot.

Keyword Abilities are keywords aren't they? Anything that can get rid of Knight Breakers/Dragon's Flame/etc is pretty sweet I think.

Also what do you think of Faithful bodyguard?

I like faithful bodyguard myself.Even more reason to run char blocks lol. Up to 5 in my rough draft of Heiachi agro (finally found a reason to maindeck astaroth lol). I think the card is pretty close to a balanced version of rejection for this block. It has no block, destoys itself and costs a specific type of card from hand. Earth damage redux is back in a big way I guess. Just wonder when this card is gonna be released.

MarcoPulleaux said:

Kisheri - As much as I would like her, Ancient Burial Ground completely shuts her character off (as does Rashotep and JJ, naturally), and anti-discard might make her existence somewhat more abysmal

I wouldn't write off Kisheri that quickly. Yes ABG stops her, but she has multiple ways to stop it. Twilight Witch, Destruction in his Wake, Evil Intentions, Scroll of the Abyss, other terrain, etc. Rasho and JJ stops every character, so it goes without saying. The thing with anti-discard is that they have to actually run it, and the beauty of her abilities is that she can scout the hell outta your hand before deciding to discard.

ShadowDragon said:

Ancient Burial Site's the middle card in the top row- i150.photobucket.com/albums/s87/shadowdragon136/GenCon09Promos.jpg
There's some other promos in that pic that I'm guessing you may not have seen yet Shiros, some are pretty cool.

Hot ****, are those all monthly prize support or are they special? >_>

Thanks, btw.

Those are promos that were given out as participation prizes at GenCon (they'll be given out in support and the like eventually though), and as of today they're all legal (says Steve and James). I have extras of a couple of them if anyone's interested.

Bpet said:

Kisheri: Heh, note the symbols and speed pump/discard ability. I get the nod Mr. Hata. Anyway, a very strong character that will need terrain to combat Ancient Burial Ground. Good thing OC-Twilight matches two symbols.

Kyoufu: Reprinted Through the Defenses on a character. Strong.

Marius Garius: Interesting. Definitely see some possibilities. First thought is playing Base Hold and No Forgiveness every turn, or Berserker Rage every turn.

White Crane: well, time to abuse Lu Chen support again. Master's Challenge + Warriors Poet = Have fun trying to block. Wish she wasn't Life/Water, but hey, now she can also use Arrayed for Battle to make Wrath slightly less difficult to play.

I agree with you on most points. Except Kyofu... Through the Defenses was good because it came out of your hand as a surprise. But with it on the field, your opponent should always be expecting it and plan for it to happen. Not as good as it seems to be at first look.

While it's true that it had a surprise factor, I don't think Through the Defenses was ever really good. It was Air only, filled the card pull with another card, and costs 2 momentum.

What makes Kyoufu strong is no momentum cost, and her symbols. Fire attack strings are so strong, you really don't want to waste two precious blocks on just one attack. Sure, you can plan out ahead and hold two high blocks for that Knight Breaker, but then you have to eat that Midnight LawnChair.

Sol Badguy said:

Keyword Abilities are keywords aren't they? Anything that can get rid of Knight Breakers/Dragon's Flame/etc is pretty sweet I think.

Also what do you think of Faithful bodyguard?

Well, it's OK, but if I have a character, I'd likely use it to block. It's pretty OK, does its purpose, not sure if I'd run it, but it's...

Blah.

Yeah, I'm liking Kyofu more as I think about it... I mean, turn 2, you can play Mark of the Beast. Your opponent might have 3 mid blocks, in which case he can block safely (safe from the Dragon's Flame that's coming up), or he might not, and he's liable to take the hit straight to the face. Follow up with a Lawn Chair. Now he's deciding does he want to block it at all, because he'll have to pass at the very least 2 consecutive 6ccs (1 prog + 5 printed speed on Flame). Or you could just nuke his block, and if he's holding 2 highs -- good on him, he's either risking a big Flame that he can't block, or he sat on 5 freakin' cards.

Oh but it was all just mindgames, you never had the Dragon Flame at all :3

Or just play her off Evil, ask Matt Kohls about T1 Lion Slayers to the dome :D

Lion Slayer is hawt

Also, one thing about Faithful Bodyguard: it's the only real card in the format that stops Hilde =)

MarcoPulleaux said:

Lion Slayer is hawt

Also, one thing about Faithful Bodyguard: it's the only real card in the format that stops Hilde =)

Paid to Protect does a pretty good job of that too. reducing Speed to printed and all....

Sol Badguy said:

MarcoPulleaux said:

Lion Slayer is hawt

Paid to Protect does a pretty good job of that too. reducing Speed to printed and all...

...See, I neglected that effect since speed pumping is rare in the format.

But yes, ya gotsa point thurr.

Paid to Protect makes Hilde mirrors into lollersauce. I can't wait to start screaming GET PAID GET PAID GET PAID across the table 30000 times...

Or, more accurately, I can't wait to include Pommel Smash in my Hilde deck again. >_>

Don't forget Cold and Indifferent as anti-Hilde. I have yet to see a fast Hilde that does not rely on Duel Wielding, and Cold and Indifferent puts a stop to that.

-Tinman

Yay. More insanely powerful character only abilities. They really, really need to stop printing those if they want to see any kind of diverse decks instead of just 'The Hilde Deck' or 'The Mitsurugi Deck' or 'The King Deck'. The problem with printing cards that powerful with character only is that the game becomes less about constructing a cool deck and more about hunting down 4 copies of all 'the' cards for you deck.

From a design standpoint it's more simple, because you can manage power levels much more easily if you restrict abilities to certain characters, but it also makes the game no fun if you don't want to play those characters. It's just a lazy way of doing things to stamp 'character only' on something to keep it from getting out of hand. To be honest, it would've been great if it just had the first E as standard and the second as ;Mitsurugi only' to stop Hilde from using it. And that's if you don't want to remove the second ability altogether. Even with only that one it still would've been great.

A character card should have enough cool abilities to set it apart from the pack without having to put in 'character only' support. Very few characters in the old blocks of the game absolutely had to run character only cards. Ibuki (Suzaku), Victor (Reanimated) and Talim (Rolling Storm) are really the only examples I can think of from Block 2 and 3. Moreover, all this 'Character Only' stuff gives characters a two-fold chance to be screwed because both their character card and their big character only cards need to measure up for them to be playable.

DrUnK3n_PaNdA said:

Yay. More insanely powerful character only abilities. They really, really need to stop printing those if they want to see any kind of diverse decks instead of just 'The Hilde Deck' or 'The Mitsurugi Deck' or 'The King Deck'. The problem with printing cards that powerful with character only is that the game becomes less about constructing a cool deck and more about hunting down 4 copies of all 'the' cards for you deck.

From a design standpoint it's more simple, because you can manage power levels much more easily if you restrict abilities to certain characters, but it also makes the game no fun if you don't want to play those characters. It's just a lazy way of doing things to stamp 'character only' on something to keep it from getting out of hand. To be honest, it would've been great if it just had the first E as standard and the second as ;Mitsurugi only' to stop Hilde from using it. And that's if you don't want to remove the second ability altogether. Even with only that one it still would've been great.

A character card should have enough cool abilities to set it apart from the pack without having to put in 'character only' support. Very few characters in the old blocks of the game absolutely had to run character only cards. Ibuki (Suzaku), Victor (Reanimated) and Talim (Rolling Storm) are really the only examples I can think of from Block 2 and 3. Moreover, all this 'Character Only' stuff gives characters a two-fold chance to be screwed because both their character card and their big character only cards need to measure up for them to be playable.

Tiger Fury and Feline Spike showed us what happened when cards that should be character only aren't character only. Yes it is a design issue. That is the thing that we complained about before when they made everything generic. With the argumentation you gave it could be applied to unique status and all cool cards thus should have infinity so they can be played in any deck.

I think the restriction is good. It stops Hilde abuse because its Mitsurgi only.