Klilk 4, first R question

By Cass2, in UFS Rules Q & A

here's Kilik 4 : http://www.twoheadeddragon.com/ufs/SC06/scans/01.jpg

Say your opponent have 2 lord of the makai, and play an attack... you are playing Kilik4 and he play, well, someone else...

Can you react off a second use of lord of the makai in a turn or your opponent need to add more than one momentum in one shoot to trigger?

i don't quite understand your question.are you asking if you can repond to a R with a E?

since Kiliks react says in a single phase that mean that if they use both lord of the makais they wouldnt be able to get momentum for the rest of the combat phase but they still would get both momentum because when the abitity can trigger they are already adding one momentum.

I believe he's asking if you he can use Kilik's R: Commit "After your opponent adds more than 1 card to their momentum during any phase, they only add 1 card and may not add more cards to their momentum during that phase." Basically, since the lord of the makai are two separate enhances, he's wondering if Kilik can be used on the 2nd enhance of lord, cancelling that one and any future lords throughout the turn. I'm going to say yes as it seems logical, but I have to official authority on that one.

*delete dupe post*

his trigger is after the momentum is gained - so he will prevent any more momentum from being added AFTER the momentum is gained.

in this case, the opponent's 2 LotM E's will net him a momentum each, then the R will prevent any more

i asked this because the wording is not clear.

'' After your opponent add more than one card to their momentum during a phase ''

Is it more than one in one shot, making lord of the Makai safe against this R since it only add momentum one by one and never more than one each time.

OR during that phase implie that even one by one, after the 2nd, the ability trigger.

Clarification plz

It's a little hazy. Will confer about this tonight.

but how do you get to even use the second one if your oponent get a E after you?

mastermajora said:

but how do you get to even use the second one if your oponent get a E after you?

okay... i don't want to be harsh, but is it because you can't read or you are a new player?

I'll explain it as simple as i can.

First, use the link i provided and go read Kilik 4 abilities... i'm talking about his Response here. Done?

Second, Lord of the Makai : '' E : Add the top card of your deck to your momentum. '' ( it's not exactly this, but this is enough. )

and it goes like this :

1) I am playing Kilik.

2) You are playing a random character, and have 2 Lord of the makai in play.

3) I play an attack, pass on my first Enhance.

4) You play the first E on the first Lord of the Makai as your first E.

5) I pass on my E again.

6) You play the second Lord of the makai first E as your second E. ( you have two LotM, this is the second copy )

7) I say '' pause, i will respond with kilik R ''

Now go read my post before this one.

Sorry if i sounded hard, but if you can't respond to a question, simply wait for others to do it, then if you need more explanation, ask them by PM or E-Mails. Simply replying that you don't undestand doesn't help.

again, no offense. :-)

as per tag's previous ruling ( http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ufsforums/posts/list/14452.page )

"It's more than one card at the same time - e.g. via Whereabouts Unknown or Dancing Battle Kabuki.

Also, cards are cleared one at a time during the end phase so you add one attack at a time not all three at once."

no you can't.... but if tag is looking to revise his ruling than he is more than welcome too.

i agree with the previous ruling due to the fact that it says "After your opponent adds more than 1 card to their momentum" which is the main response trigger..... basically i think that the "during any phase" is one of those things where it doesn't really need to be there except in the case where you are playing that taki that gets momentum before the game (which is not a phase)

Yeah, I'm inclined to stick with my original ruling, just that "during any phase" sticks out oddly. I feel that the "during any phase" is just a reminder that it is looking at any phase of the game, and that it is looking within the scope of that phase only (as opposed to saying "during the combat phase" to prevent its use during the ready/end phases).

but since it says during a phase(namely the combat phase in this example) isnt adding 2 momentum from 2 LotM during the same phase?

I would believe thats the reason why they included "during this phase" in the first place

thats the only way that it makes sense why they included it

you gotta look at it this way.... if tag reverses his ruling to agree with you it changes the entire way kilik is played.... it would allow him to stop a normal game mechanic (being the adding of attacks that dealt damage to the momentum during the end phase) at little to no cost to him due to the fact that he is about to ready..... personally i agree with the original ruling and that the "during any phase" is just superfluous text

i just miss read it

If it said "When a player adds more then 1 one card to their momentum at the same time" I'd agree with you.

It says "any phase of the turn", so I would imagine it could do that. It's not exactly a world shattering ability TBH. Much nicer then Absurd Strength. And sure their Character is about to ready, but to use it in your end phase they have to have left it ready for both their and your turn anyways.

If Kilik had read "R Commit: When your opponent would add attacks to their momentum during the end phase, they may only add one" no one would have batted an eye...

Regardless, I'm in favor of ruling reversal. Cards should work the way they are printed, not have to be interpreted.