Defensive Teleportation and Dodge

By Dalerik, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Hello again everyone.

alright, so i am new to psychic powers, I've never built a psychic before and all. and i wanted to create an assassin that could use teleportation and such. i also wanted to try my hand at being a psychic for the first time.

well as i was searching i found two abilities (disciplines? powers?) one called Teleport Self located on page 106 of the arcana exxet. and Defensive Teleportation, on page 107. well i liked defensive teleportation, it sounds useful.

BUT, my problem with defensive teleportation is, 1. can i use that teleportation even if I'm not dodging? like even if I'm not being attacked can i teleport is all.

2. if i use my psychic projection to dodge, do i need to put points into dodge? by that i mean, you can't have a difference of more than 50 between attack and defensive ability. but if i have this power i won't need to put points into defensive ability. but i do want to increase my attack ability. so what then?

thank you.

Defensive Teleportation is passive, so no, you can't teleport at will there. The other ability should let you do it though.

You don't need to put points into dodge if you have Def. Teleport, but the 50 point difference means that you can only use half what you could have normally.

ie at level 1 you have 600 DP, 300 to go to Attack/Defense. If you only up Attack you can only use 150 DP. So, as you level up you can only use 25 DP to up your Attack (100 DP/lvl, 50 to Attack/Defend, half that is 25).

Did that help?

Edited by SIlkentoes

yes thank you.
if I'm understanding this correctly then even if i have defensive teleport i would have to still put points into dodge, just to keep it within 50 points of my attack skill. i was afraid that was the case.

so it does save me a few DP in any case. by chance would anyone know if there was a way to attack using ones psychic projection?

No, you don't. You just have a lower limit to Primary Combat skills. You can have as much of a difference as you want if you only use half of the normal amount of DP.

You normally have 300 DP for Attack/Defense at lvl 1. If you only up attack you can only use 150. The other 150 can't be used to up Attack, but you don't have to put it in Defense.

You can use the psychic push ability under energy to attack. Psychokinetic Shove or somesuch.