Oy vey- played Android, now my head hurts!

By SJE, in Android

So, I just played Android for the first ime, and even though I won (Raymond with Guilty & Innocent Hunches & Old Flame victories) I still have a stonking headache from the game. At first it was the sheer variety of game pieces - not knowing what different tokens did . Then it was the complexity and how hard it was to see who was winning.

My strategy for success was simple- in the first turn I sat drinking coffee with my Old Flame and got 3 good baggag tokens. I wasnt a threat and no one could be bothered to give me bad baggage after that.

Then I went Lead hunting and put a fair number of tokens on my Hunches in the first week. Suspect Haas (not one of my hunches) was getting a heck of a lot of tokens too. So I drop shipped up to the Dollhouse in the moon and got a bunch of favours. Then I trekked back down to the Labour Union and Bought 3 hit tokens in 1 turn on Haas and killed him dead, screwing over the droid (who was obsessed with him).

After that, I just went conspiracy hunting for more good baggage (which also screwed the droids plot) and kept the clues piling up on my hunches.

I won on about 42 points as a result, but still with a stonking headache.

My newbie impressions - the Dollhouse in the moon seems to be the most efficient place to gather favours- any colour for 1 Time? Why not camp there for a few days and monopolise some of the favour resources? (that was the droids strategy, after his obsession was killed)

Also, why not wipe out all the suspects bar your boys in the second half of the final week? Then you are certain to deny the majority of players their guilty VP's?

But yes, this game is ridiculously complex... and I need to lie down afterwards.

SJE

Oh- just read the FAQ thread, and we totally misread location activation costs (we did it a lot cheaper) and how the Toybox worked- in our defence, the game was new to all of us. Forget my comments about amassing tokens in the Toybox and going to the labour union to slaughter suspect s- that would be prohibitibely expensive!

SJE

good to see you have realised the error of your ways!

I have not yet played but have gone through the rules and set up the board.

Not sure if you realised all your mistakes. The "dollhouse" is to exchange favours, you cannot get any favours at the dollhouse.

Also, another mistake you made is buying 3 hits in one go. That is not allowed. You may only use a locations ability once per round, so it would take at least 3 rounds to buy 3 hits.

And I hope you had a warrant to enter the building if you didn;t pay your 3 time!