Asylum packs, card borders and other exhalations

By dogspike, in CoC General Discussion

Firstly, please forgive any repetition with any other posts on the boards. I've been trying to find a definitive answer to these questions and haven't been able to, so thought I'd ante up and ask 'em here!

I have dabbled with the CoC CCG a while ago after picking up a couple of Arkham edition starter packs and 1/2 dozen boosters from various sets, however I've always found the CCG element a little off putting. The LCG concept seems great. I was going to take the plunge on some of the new Asylum Packs but

a) Have had a nightmare finding any for sale in the UK

b) Heard about the relaunch with groovy new coreset

therefore thought I'd wait until the coreset became available and see if I could rally up some interest amongst my gaming group. Over the weekend I picked up a copy of AGoT coreset. Although I've only played one game so far, I really enjoyed it and will be picking up some of the new series Chapter packs, the first two in the new "story arc" ARE available in the UK it would appear.

This all leads me onto my questions regarding Cthulhu:

The new chapter packs for AGoT are white bordered like the coreset, I know that CoC is getting a new card back, is it also changing card borders to white?

If card borders are changing I assume that new Asylum packs will change too. Does anyone have an official confirmation that this will happen?

Will the new series of APs be more readily available in the UK? I have seen At the Mountains of Madness and Ancient Horrors available but don't want to get these if the card backs/card borders are going to be different (I'm aware that I could use card sleeves, but want to avoid this really). Is this the case are these two APs from an old block?

Have any of the Summons from the Deep APs been released yet?

Finally: I know AGoT LCG had a few aditions to the game (money as more of a tradeable commodity, the new titles) anyone know of any "tweaks" to the new version of Call of Cthulhu?

Apologies for the barrage of questions/if these have been covered elsewhere.

Q: The new chapter packs for AGoT are white bordered like the coreset, I know that CoC is getting a new card back, is it also changing card borders to white?

Yes, the borders change to white from the At The Mountains of Madness AP, which has been released now.

Q: If card borders are changing I assume that new Asylum packs will change too. Does anyone have an official confirmation that this will happen?

See previous question.

Q: Will the new series of APs be more readily available in the UK? I have seen At the Mountains of Madness and Ancient Horrors available but don't want to get these if the card backs/card borders are going to be different (I'm aware that I could use card sleeves, but want to avoid this really). Is this the case are these two APs from an old block?

This you should ask your local game store. You demand, they supply ;)

Q: Have any of the Summons from the Deep APs been released yet?

No, not yet. Ancient Horrors is... about to release I think. But I excist out of linear time, so I can't say. ;)

Q: Finally: I know AGoT LCG had a few aditions to the game (money as more of a tradeable commodity, the new titles) anyone know of any "tweaks" to the new version of Call of Cthulhu?

I don't quite understand the question; The most important tweak will be the change from 4 copies per card to 3. Other tweaks, if any, will be announced when the new rules are released in the upcoming Core Set. I don't expect much dramatic changes, though.

yes white borders it is for coc. and the mountains of madness packs already use the new backs and white borders. so the change has already begun. as for any tweeks to the coreset, we know very little about what is in there. so i cant answer that one.

nevermind marius beat me to it, and like always answered everything perfectly.

Thanks for the quick replies and making things a little clearer for me. Now just need to wait on the new coreset (like the rest of ya I should imagine...)

I'm completely new to the game--don't own anything yet but have stuff on order--and I'm trying to sort out the change to LCG.

Would it be correct to say that Dunwich Denizens is the last of the CCG?

At the Mountains of Madness AP is the first of the LCG?

Kobu said:

I'm completely new to the game--don't own anything yet but have stuff on order--and I'm trying to sort out the change to LCG.

Would it be correct to say that Dunwich Denizens is the last of the CCG?

At the Mountains of Madness AP is the first of the LCG?

You can put it that way, yes. ATMoM is the first AP to release under the LCG line.