Rules for Inquisitors

By Akaoz, in Dark Heresy

Has anybody come up with any good rules for PC-Inquisitors yet? If so, can someone linky/point me in the right direction?

I seem to recall seeing something on Dark Reign about Inquisitors, but for the life of me I cannot remember whether it was rules for PC Inquisitors, or just some guidelines to give the Inquisitor a bit more depth...

Kage

Akaoz said:

Cool, that was more or less what I was looking for. Anybody know of any other house-rules for Inquisitors?

Not for Dark Heresy , or at least off the top of my head anyway.

Kage

There was something i found awhile ago on a web link or something which i can't remember called " In His Name " which had some good rules on Inquisitors & Interrogators can't find it on google and there is no link on the document i saved.

Its not my work and i am quite happy to admit this i could post it to dark reign and people could see what they think but i just want it clear that this is not my work and i would prefer people to know this before i get flamed or somthing happy.gif

Walker0001 said:

i could post it to dark reign and people could see what they think

I'd really rather you didn't, there's a reason I didn't submit it to DR in the first place

Ah its yours then.

Sorry i had no idea i personally think the rules are really good and work rather well.

I intend to use them for my players when they get to 8+ rank.

But you the boss so there you go.

Do you have any links to any of your other stuff maybe?

Any chance you could send me a copy of your work?

(I tried to find some way of sending private messages here, but I couldn't find any...)

Walker0001 said:

Do you have any links to any of your other stuff maybe?

I'm rather erratic with my work, so almost nothing is actually finished (I am the epitome of "biting off more than he can chew"), and most of my work is for the Inquisitor game, rather than Dark Heresy,but here's what I've got in the pipeline at it's current state of development:

Genestealers (Inquisitor/Dark Heresy cross-system)

Apocrypha Redux - Vehicles

In His Name v2 (with Theosophamy & Daemonology)

Dark Traveller

It's all incomplete, horribly formatted, full of filler text, contains bad rules (the Machine Spirit and Navigation rules in the vehicles file are particularly dire), blank pages, unchecked background (and lots of stuff I just made up to fill blanks) and I have no idea when any of them will be finished (so don't bother complaining about any of those things, 'cos I already know )

The In His Name rules aren't functional right now due to me rewriting the Interrogator advance scheme - the old one can be found here

Other than that, I usually work with N0-1 H3r3 on whatever he's doing, suggesting rules or proofreading, and sometimes he asks me to write something that falls within my areas of expertise, but by and large I tend not to release my rules.

(I tried to find some way of sending private messages here, but I couldn't find any...)

Yes, the forum is rather lacking in that regard

I would love to see this too. I've been working on creating an Interrogator Alternate Career Advancement that starts at 6+ (after named rank level).

Luddite said:

Donato's Acolyte's Handbook has a go at doing Inquisitors.

http://www.darkreign40k.com/downloads/career-paths/index.php

I am going to be annoying, that was my work! :) I am working on an updated version with more information on it, I intend to make changes when I use and iron out the wrinkles in it.

Aktoura said:

Luddite said:

Donato's Acolyte's Handbook has a go at doing Inquisitors.

http://www.darkreign40k.com/downloads/career-paths/index.php

I am going to be annoying, that was my work! :) I am working on an updated version with more information on it, I intend to make changes when I use and iron out the wrinkles in it.

I assume it wil be out "when it's done", but do you have any idea how long untill you update the version on dark reign?

The way we have solved this is by stating that once you have completed two careers the character is ready to become an interrogator. After a lot more experience the interrogator is ready to become an inquisitor. The border between acolyte, interrogator and inquisitor is very blurry.

Our view on inquisitors is that there are very few formal inquisition-schools, meaning that each inquisitor is unique in his abilites and influence.

High level characters have no more influence and connections than they have roleplayed during the sessions.

Though additional rules is always fun :)

Keep 'em comin!