Fields of Ecstacy vs. Blood Frenzy

By swingjunkie, in Chaos in the Old World

Does Fields of Ecstacy counter the effects of blood frenzy?

No. Because Field of Ecstacy says that no figure may roll any battle dice this round, while Blood Frenzy says that you (not any of your figures) roll 2 dice. The semantics is thin, but more importantly is the fact that Field of Ecstacy is clearly a Battle effect, while Blood Frenzy is a Pre-Battle effect; technically a At-The-Beginning-Of-Battle effect, but you get the idea.

AS I posted on BGG when this came up, I agree that Blood Frenzy happens pre-battle and are dice rolled by you directly. Field of Ecstasy prevents your figures from rolling dice.

As I posted on BGG when this came up, I agree that Blood Frenzy happens pre-battle and are dice rolled by you directly. Field of Ecstasy prevents your figures from rolling dice.

I think fields counters frenzy. If no dice are rolled, then Khorne doesn't get his extra 2 dice pre-battle.

The thing is that those 2 dices are not "extra", it is not a bonus to his attack. Battle phase is happening in every region which means that you just roll two dice. That's it.

It is a little bit confusing, but it states clearly that this is just 2 battle dice. This is not figure dice or modifier for figure's attack value.

Not bonus dice to his attack. It is completely separate from his attack. It still happens. We have the answer from FFG that FoE does NOT cancel BF. Not sure what else you need to convince you.